Chapter-56

The stench of the old abandoned mill made her insides turn wanting to erupt out of her throat. Iris put her hand to her mouth trying not to inhale anymore of the disgusting smell in the air which was impossible given the situation she was in. there was none in sight and no response to her calling out. Walking in taking hesitant steps she looked around but found no one in particular. Did she get the wrong address? She had to be sure to be at the right place in the right time. The address was right but why was there no one in sight?
She pushed herself behind the old creaking door of the mill when she heard the sound of engines coming her way. She had to be very vigilant or she’ll end up hurting their unborn child. It was a very bad decision to come here on her own as the blackmailer wanted but there was no other way she could ensure Sarah’s safety. Each of her steps was being monitored and she did not know how so taking the chances of letting Ricardo know, could most certainly fireback. However she was with the assurance that Ricardo will get to her before anything bad could befall her and their little one.
By the sounds of the murmurs she could tell there were multiple of them here and she was outnumbered in every way. Peeping at them she could see only 5 black sedans and none of it belonged to Ricardo. She was terrified but knowing it was wiser of her to confront them without involving Ricardo was a better choice. If anyone was to be hurt it will be her and… their little one and she hated herself for even putting their unborn child through all this but also it was her own selfishness that she wanted Ricardo away from all the mess. She was in no way taking the chances of putting the rest of her loved ones on the line, knowing very well the outcome was unsure of.

“Mrs- Wilde! (Called out the mocking voice) Mrs-Wilde! I know you’re already here.”

Taking a deep breath she peeped and saw the back of the man clothed in an expensive looking black jacket and by the movement of his shoulder she could tell he was tensed too, maybe flustered at her not showing up. She got up from her seat and was about to walk out when she heard him speak making her taking a step back.
“I want to harm to you or (hysterically laughing) Ric’s baby.”
She did not feel well about anything that was to follow. Running her hand over her mid she apologized, tears flowed from her eye to her cheeks landing on her belly. Terrified was nothing close to what she was feeling at the moment.
Her fist was all sweaty and her back stiff and uncomfortable as she walked out to where she was wanted. The moment she saw Sarah tied on the chair right in-front of her eyes she rushed on her feet to go to her but she halted when she feel the piercing pain in her belly, as if her child also didn’t want her to walk herself into trouble.
Sarah yelped through the cloth that was in her mouth as she saw the discomfort in Iris’s face.
Iris was on her knees when the discomfort didn’t subside but only heightened. Sweats covered her face and neck. Through the discomfort she saw the leather cladded steps approach her then the man in it was on his knees next to her with eyes filled with hatred and vengeance, and a victorious smile on his face as she scrunched in discomfort. She was still a month due but why was this?

“He’d die at this sight.” Putting his gun under her chin, lifting her eyes to meet his

“Who are you? What do you want?” She asked through the pain.

“An old friend of your husband’s also I got everything that I want right here.” He said hinting at her current situation. He pushed back her hair from her sweaty face behind her ear.

“I will talk with him just let Sarah go.” She said through her clenched teeth making the man laugh at her proposal.

“She has served her part and will soon be let go of but you need not worry as I can see (reading a text on his device) he is on his way here.”

“No! (She yelled) You got me… keep him out of all this for whatever the reason is that you’re doing… all this.”

The expression on the man’s face changed as he pulled her head back with the hair on her head. It was not a loose grip and for sure did hurt but the pain in her abdomen was far worse and was only worsening. She was about to plea when the sound of engine approaching them was heard and the man was quick to get behind her with his gun still pointed on her. Not long and Ricardo’s men outnumbered the others. Sarah was untied from her chair and a well-built man helped her to the car.
The banging of the door of the car was heard and soon stood before them Ricardo and Lambert. Ricardo took furious steps towards them when he saw the discomfort on Iris’s face.