Chapter-53

Lambert rushed to the warehouse but there was nothing left to save, everything was gone and the heat radiating from the explosion was still at its peak. A screeching of tyre was heard in the background and came out Ricardo in all his glory but he had this calm look on which was worse than an angry Ricardo because this calm look was a blaring hell and this calm look was only calm when he was with his wife. Lambert ran his hand over his face, he was speechless.
Ricardo walked around taking every detail into notice and there was this look on his face which meant he knew what had passed here. Lambert knew better than to interrupt his best-friend/brother/partner in crime. It won’t take him long to sort out what had caused the blast and Ricardo bend to pick a chain like and he frowned, meaning he knew whom it belonged to.
“Whose is it?” Lambert asked anxiously. Ricardo removed his glove and ran his finger over the patterns on the chain and before Lambert could take a look of it he put it in his pocket.
“It is a trap but we are taking the bait. Their victory is our victory.”
Lambert nodded in agreement trusting Ricardo and whatever he had on his mind. There was a reason why he stirred clear from the underworld business and had him do the same for security reasons. He did not want them to entangle themselves with the cons that came with the perks of being in the mafia. He had millions of people working for them undercover without them having to ever personally get fully involved. He was the Capo and Lambert was next in line if anything was to happen to him and Lambert dreaded that day.
“How much?”
“102 million $ with the shipment that arrived last night.”
“Get me the list of the men on post and the one who delivered and received it.”
That was all he said as he got in his car and drove away and Lambert was quick to get working on his phone. It would have been 4 times more if they had not advanced the 2 shipping consignments yesterday. He had a hunch on who might be responsible for their loses but he needed to make sure of it before he could let out his suspicions on anybody.
Ricardo stepped on the gas as he took a turn and to the path which led to the prison. He needed to make sure he was on the right path before taking any measure on anything or it will only give a blow which will affect his personal and professional life too and he could not take the chances.
Ricardo’s grip tightened on the stirring wheel as he speed back home. Things were not as he expected and it was all going wrong. How did they get past the security of all places he was used to and this could only mean one thing. It was someone close to him who knew of all him well enough and he was smarter then there was the highest possibility that their target was Iris and it maddened him. Mrs-Sarah was kidnapped from the prison and left behind was a note and a picture of her tied and bruised. He needed to get her back before Iris will even start asking to visit her as she had been doing for the past months. He always declined her as it was not safe for her to be roaming around in the condition she was in and Mrs-Sarah also did not want her to make the trip back and forth so he made sure to send the picture of their growing child to her every time they visited the doctors. He should have made a visit down here then this would have not happened but he could barely leave his wife on her own fearing something or the other might happen to her or she might do something or the other which will lead to her suffering. He traced his finger over the A which was carved in the chain, he’s seen it somewhere but he just could not point on where and on whom to be precise.
Somewhere far from the civilisation and into the abandon  sat Sarah tired and tortured her mouth was gagged and her arms were tired by the binding and the fatigue her body went through due to lack of nutrition’s had got the best of him. There was a camcorder before her on the stand recording every moment of her torture, she was ageing and her body was not responding well with anything. The masked men had her just where they needed her to be at, at their mercy. She had given up on trying to free herself and flee from here as she knew in the condition her body was she could barely make it to the passage which was locked and also she had no idea where they had brought her to.
The masked men took out the memory from the camcorder and quickly inserted it into his laptop making a copy of it then getting on to the editing as she sat there helplessly watching at the man’s finger swiftly moving over the keyboard and his mouse as he edited the whole week’s recording and turning it into a short movie clip of her suffering. Her insides trembled as she wanted to throw up at seeing herself going through what she had been through for the past week.
Another masked man entered from the side of the empty hall, she did not know how as all she knew about this place was the front entrance which was sat facing and the rusty and dusty shed like abandoned hall. The men quickly exchanged the packages and was quick on his feet walking out. The sound of the motorcycle coming to life was heard from afar and with the passing moments that every sound also died leaving her with the deafening loneliness except the sound of the hitting of keys on the keyboard and with that she gave away to the darkness.
Iris was going through Ricardo’s closet deciding which shirt of his she should pick to wear after a bath being indecisive. She had cleared his closet of all the whites last month as she felt it was always blinding her eyes and somehow that particular colour did not go very well with her mood swings and now she was in search for one of those but with fail. She stood supporting her weight on the cabinet feeling like crying at her own mind which played such trick on her in the name of pregnancy hormones and mood swings. She gently hit her fist on the cabinet desperately hoping this feeling will also pass and she can be better than this as it was impossible to be her own self lately. She hit her fist on the cabinet once, twice then the 3rd time and finally gave up letting out a disappointed cry.
Ricardo rushed into the closet when he heard her cries and there was his wife supporting her weight on the cabinet crying. Did she know it already? But how was it possible? Worried he reached and pulled her in his arms and the water works started. He patted her head gently cooing her.
“Are you uncomfortable? Love.”
She nodded a no and only pushed herself closer to his body but only her head and her bulging belly could touch his majestic body. She pulled away from him noticing how her tears were staining his white shirt, white shirt? It was a white shirt a white shirt. She looked at him with a funny looking face with tears rolling down her cheeks and her running nose and there was her trembling lips smiling at him. She quickly pushed his blazer of him and was working on the buttons of his shirt when he held her hand in his.
“I’m sorry Love but we should not do this now.” he suggested in a soft voice which had her laughing out like a maniac but not 5 minutes passed and she was frowning angry at him.
“Not that I was going for s** but why can’t we do that now? Not that I’m suggesting coz I’m still tired from last night’s events,” She interrogated and then only did it hit him that she was going to get rid of his white shirt again but who was he to complain. He can always buy new ones once his wife gives him the go sign.
“You know I don’t mean that but I don’t want to make you uncomfortable again.”
“Our love making never makes me uncomfortable it’s just that it’s getting weirder to do it with my current body structure.”
“I’ve love you in any shape or kind and always sport a hard on for you. Just remember this.” She slapped his hand when it was about to tear open the shirt in order to get rid of it for her sake and he looked at her clueless.
“You’re going to rip it.” She scolded him and he heeded her words by unbuttoning his shirt one at a time as soon as he got it off his body she snatched it away from her and headed towards the door leaving him dumb folded. She stopped at her track for a moment and turning around.
“It is stinking.” And with that said she left. Did she only want his shirt? What for? Since when did he start stinking? If he could remember well she loved the smell of his fresh sweat and now she just said the opposite making him feel not knowing what to make out of her words. Her moods were constantly changing and it was hard to keep up with her but he loved every moment of this phase.
Iris held Ricardo’s shirt to her nose and she sniffed on his odour and she liked it, after 5 minutes of sniffing his shirt she finally put it on. It reached to her mid-thigh making her feel extremely beautiful which made a smile pop on her face. She was happy again for the umpteenth time for the day and she felt good. It was time for a good movie with Ricardo’s arms around her and some hot chocolate. From the kitchen she got a mug of hot-chocolate for herself, a mug of smoothei and a mug of dark bitter coffee for him.
Ricardo just came out of the bath and quickly reached for the tray she carried to their room. He wanted to scold her for doing so but held it in since she was fine or he’ll be the reasons for her tears. She often said she was being too selfish for always wanting her way with everything but he disagreed for these moments were very rare for him to encounter when she had him on her beck and call and he loved being so. How can she ever be selfish when all she did was always took his wants and wishes into consideration. He was the selfish one between the two and he could never help being so.
“You should spill it but I’m sorry I can’t promise no water works.” He kissed her lips
“I’d love you any way.”
“You love me too much, lately.” She said.
“What is there not to?” She had this wicked smile on and he knew what was coming for the 40th time.