Chapter-40

“You… ahmmm… should get rid of it.”
She was taken aback with what he just said in a tone which sounded sincere and she hated his sincerity. Her hand on its own accord reached out and met his cheeks, a stinging palm as the aftermath.
“Get out from here. I cannot hate you more than I do now. Go away.” She yelled at him for even wanting to make her get rid of the little one growing in her. It had not even been a minute since she knew about the little one’s existence and her husband already suggested a abortion. She could not believe how she was even beginning to feel what little she felt for him.
He stood up and without a glance walked out of the door after putting her on the bed, she broke down again. Heaven had to be marking this very day as her last day of having all the very little hopes she had left in her coz it was all gone now and she felt will never be able grow them back as the roots were pulled out and it perished.
Ricardo leaned by the wall near the door. His fist clenched and head resting on the wall. He was drained off everything he was worth and her heartbroken cries only added to his miseries. For the very first time he regretted ever forcing himself into her life.
She was crying sorry again and again to the little one growing in her for the words he had to witness though he had not yet taken shape or did he already? She did not know how long it has been since she was with child and that broke heart even more.
The side of the bed dipped and she was pulled into a hard warm body of her husband.
“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything. I Would do anything just to take back the words that left my lips. I’m sorry to you both.” He confessed in a sincere manner and his hand running over her still flat stomach.
There was this silence ever so loud and leaving them speechless even though there were millions of things to be said.     Nothing was going to be easy but she knew it was something they shouldn’t let get away with the way it was.
“You are horrible and I hate you for it.”
“I know and I am sorry, you’re mine in every single sense of the world and all I will ever need, only you and you alone.”
“You shouldn’t.”
“But I do and I will. You have no say in it.”
He was getting better and better with words as if he had never been one with a smart mouth and she was feeling horrible for the way things were turning to.
“I am keeping our child and you will not have a say in it.” She poked her finger at his chest.
“I won’t and I cannot thank you enough for everything that you are giving to me.”
“You do not expect me to give away my child after he is born, are you?”
She felt nauseous even at the thought of it alone yet there he was with a very wide smile on his face it almost hurt.
“You won’t give up on anyone and I won’t either.”
“Are you sure? Just a moment you asked me to get rid of it.”
“I hate myself for even spilling those words out but I don’t mean that and  if I was to go dumb for even spilling out those words then so be it. I love you and I will never change it for the world.”
“You got to be kidding me, tell me it is all a dream.”
“No you are not and I love you.”
She was taken aback with his confession yet again. Every time he will let out those words she felt as if she was being too harsh for not being able to reciprocate the same feeling but she will never force herself for any fantasy that had no certainty of lasting but also she wanted to taste those words on her own lips too. Will it be equally warming to be the saying it than the one receiving them?
He rubbed her stomach and sigh in relief. She was finally back to herself and his silent torture ended, had it lasted any longer he was going to blow his brain off.
She was trying to live in the moment but the worries regarding the kids in orphanage was getting denser and she was desperate to know about how the other two kids were faring on their own. Were they in a safe place? Were they scared? Were they crying out for help? If they were in any trouble will they be able to reach them before anything bad befall them.
“They’re alone on their own; I need to be there with them. I love you and your happiness is all that I want but I am never willing to let you have your way and lead yourself into any sort of trouble and I know everything with that place screams trouble. You need to understand I want only what is the best for you.”
“You need to stop worrying about them and let the cops do their job. Okay?”

She looked down at her trembling hands and gave him a stiff nod.
“Please get them back safe and sound. I promise I won’t do anything that you don’t want me to. Please.”
She pleads knowing with his connections the results will be in faster and better. She was dying on the inside to just get a glimpse of those kids and have them in her arms but she also knew he didn’t want his wife to be associated with those kids in any way so she asked for what she thought was the best. If her not meeting them will get them all the help they needed then so be it.
He was not expecting that but it somehow made his mind at ease. She was going to keep herself away from possible harms and it was just what he wanted.
“I promise they’ll all be fine just the way you want them to be and you need to take care of yourself the best you can.”
“I Promise.”
She replied without a second wasted before she pulled him in a tight hug. She heart was sad but her mind was somewhat at ease. There was nothing she wanted more than for the missing kids to return safe and sound. She refused to loosen her hold on him and he knew she was not okay with her own decision but her wellbeing was his first and only priority.
He left when she dozed off and then made a call back to his men who had been calling him since hours ago but he also did not want to take any calls nor did he want to mention anything that had to do with that orphanage. He was told that his men had left for the place where 2 kids might possibly be at but without any assurance as it was only a doubt that they might possibly find them. The cops as usual were steps behind them with their investigation but hoped they’d find a clue, the sooner the better. He let the cops do their part as well as his men do his work for quicker results.
Sarah had called him for the 3rd time worried for Iris’s health and also that the kid name Johnny had been asking about her return for forever. He looked at his sleeping wife then told Mrs-Sarah that she needed to look after that kid from now on as his wife won’t be entertaining the kids anymore which was followed by Mrs-Sarah failing to come up with any words and before she could do any better he hung up.
A new life was being created in her, she was happy but the fact that she had constantly being worried about the kids was only adding to her tired body and mind. It had been 2 days yet there was no positive news so far and her worry was only increasing.
“If you don’t keep your word I will personally walk out of here to find the kids.” She threatened her husband who looked at her with a confused look then smiled at her like an idiot and she stormed back into their room locking the door behind her. She spoke her heart but she knew she cannot do anything on her own and that she needed him and his influence for any positive results. She had talked with Sarah about the kids, they were doing better than expected but every time she asked about Johnny there was a new topic started by Sarah as if she was keeping things from her.
For the past two days all she ever did rest and stuff herself with everything that was proven healthy for a expecting mother so she could be all prepared if she needed to do anything that was going to be difficult for a pregnant lady in her 1st trimesters. Like what if she needed to escape from here if her husband did not keep his word or what if there were emergencies that required of her presence? She was not going to be careless and risk her baby’s life nor the other children and she had a feeling that very escape she was preparing herself for was going to be today.
She got off the bed made a call then pulled over her comfortable sweats then her running shoes. She glanced herself in the mirror and ever so lovingly ran her hand over her stomach then encouraged herself with a smile. She was going to prove if what he claimed himself to be was actually a fact or not. He said she had him wrapped around her little finger so she was going to demonstrate it today.
He was standing by the door just when she pulled it open and went into his arms.
“You need to take me out of here or I’ll go crazy.”
“Where do you want to go?”
“But first you need to promise me that for the next hour you won’t go against any of my wishes.”
“I will promise if only you won’t try to back to that place (orphanage).”
She was sad that she thought right of him but after a thought she nodded.
“If we won’t be going there than I will do just anything if that will make you happy.”
She wanted to punch off the smile he had on his handsome face for even rejoicing over that little fact but she needed to calm down or everything will be blown off and she needed him to remain just the way he was at the moment, like a romantic man who was whipped by his wife.
She pulled him into a small ice-cream parlour than sat at the very pretty looking seats which were way too pretty for his manly taste but he did not give a shit about it, she was finally smiling after a complete 58 hours and everything was worth those beautiful smile.
They stayed there without ordering and when he asked her if she wanted anything in particular she said
“I’m waiting for my guest. I’ll order when they’re here, you can help yourself.”
After 5 minutes the door of the parlour was pushed in and the pair of people entered making her smile like an idiot and him frown in anger.