Chapter-10

She did not dare to look at his way. He hugged her to his front as they lay but not a word was spoken since they last spoke at her apartment. During dinner he tried to make her speak to him but she had willed herself not to utter a word to him. He was trading on thin rope when it came to her, he was constantly trying to make up to her for all the unknown reasons and if this continued he did not trust himself to be as patient with her as he was now. If she was any-other he'd not give a damn to make her come around but she was his precious one, the one he had vowed to cherish and to protect. He can never make up to her losses but till his very last breath he will do what he needs to in order to keep her happy. He never knew after such disaster a miracle like herself can be bestowed upon him. He kissed her head and gave into slumber.

He was alone when he woke up, there was no sign of his little wife. Putting on his sweatpants he walked out of the room only to find her packing lunch boxes and God knows what. It was still 5 in the morning and she was already up and all ready to walk out. She looked up at him and a smile was on her face, this was what he always wanted and if waking up this early and preparing lunch for God knows who made her this happy he was gonna make sure this was what will happen every morning. Walking up to her he kissed her lips.
"What a lovely morning." he popped a piece of sliced apple into his mouth and was to reach out for another one when she slapped the back of his hand taking the platter away from him. She was behind him now pushing him towards their bedroom "Go and freshen up I'll set the table and then we need to leave." She said "Are we going for a picnic this early in the morning? I mean I don't mind the time if this is what you want." He reiterated but she only said "Don't keep me waiting for long, Darling." She teased and how he loved being called that way.
"I thought I would turn grey before I get to hear you call me darling." He tried to lean in and kiss her but she moved away stepping back and away from him. "If you're not out in 15 I'm leaving without you." She turned away with that said as he hurried into the bathroom.

He was out in less than 15 minutes all dressed and ready to leave to wherever she was taking him. She asked him to carry the fruit basket as she took hold of the lunch boxes. She asked him to lead the way when they were seated in his car.
"Where do you want to go?" he asked and she replied to Mrs-Sarah's but he had no idea who that was and the whole look on her face changed.
"Did you not make arrangement for her before asking her to leave her apartment?" she asked in disbelieve. "Up till now I had no idea regarding the existence of any Mrs-Sarah." she stepped off the car and leaned on it. She was trying but he was not helping her at all. If he wanted to keep this marriage he needed to work on it too.

5 minutes later he asked her to get back in the car and she did without saying anything he took off.

"Will meeting her make you happy?" he asked "Not only happy but my mind will be at ease too. We need to bring her back and give her home back to her."

"Why does she matter that much to you?"

"I would have loved it if anyone had lend me their hand when I needed it. I've been there."

He should have been there for her when she needed him the most but he was there in the back noticing it all and not doing a thing. He was just not obligated to do so was what he said to ease the rising turmoil in his mind but he was wrong. He was selfish then, he is selfish now. The more he learned about her the more he was feeling for her. The only choice he made that he was proud of was when he made her his.

The moment they left the cottage she there was contended smile on her face. Mrs-Sarah's adopted daughter had found her and she was back with her family. A family she needed the most especially at such old age. Iris was always concerned for her wellbeing but she never really got the opportunity to personally look after her as the old lady was an introvert and she loved being on her own. It was on the thanks giving and the Christmas eve when they met and exchanged their goodies.