Chapter-45

She was getting tired very easily nowadays as she went in to her 4th month. Her belly visible enough for one to know that she was with child. Ricardo had made their bedroom his personal office and she was against the idea of it yet he did not want to let her go out of his sight for a moment but he made sure only to work when she was resting and he knew she was away from anything that spelled trouble. They’d been told that their baby has a very steady and healthy heartbeat and he could not wait to have the baby out of her healthy and his wife no longer suffering with the change in her body.
Ricardo had a tail on how to let Mrs-Sarah out of the prison and in a week’s time she will be back here with Iris, then maybe he can shift his office back to his study and give Iris all the space she will need. His mother had been dropping in every now and then also both of them were trying to wrap things up a.s.a.p. so that they can be with Iris fulltime.
Iris woke up after her evening nap and Ricardo was yet again frowning at the screen of his laptop, probably trying to get another deal worth far more than her being. She pulled the sheet over and turned to face him full on. He looked tired but ever so beautiful, that was just she always seen him as. He had been walking on shredded glass around her for the past 2 months and never tried anything physical on her after she passed out during their moment 2 months ago. Kisses were all that she was getting since then and she knew he was having it hard. No matter how much she tried to make it easier for him, he would just push himself away from her as if she was burning him. She was willing to go down on him and give him a head but he refused with a stiff tone saying he will survive it and then scolded her for being so inconsiderate of her wellbeing which was a first as she had now been scolded by like for more times then she could remember. She would get all annoyed for being scolded yet he had his way to make it up to her and was always making sure she was not in a sour mood. He was going to be an amazing father and super possessive if their child was to be girl.
“How are you feeling?”
She was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard him. A warm smile came on her face making all his tensions fade onto thin air. He walked to her and kissed her head then a peck on her lips, she groaned when he quickly pulled away from her.
“Are you not feeling well?” asked a worried voice.
“I am fine and I feel loved. (Pulls him in for a kiss) Thank you Ricardo.”
“This is all I ever want to do and I promise to love you more and better with every passing second.”
“I love you more than I did second ago. I love you.”
“I love you too.” He kissed her cheek then her belly “So what do you want to do?”
“I’m dying to go out and meet some pretty souls.”
“Are you sure you want that coz maybe we might have just that very opportunity in hand but only if you can assure me that you are fine, like 101%.”
She was excited and was gleaming with joy. She was going to kill for that very moment to get out of here and have some fresh air. Warmed at his concern she took his large hand in hers.
“I believe I’m feeling the best than I ever did for the past few months. So! Where are we going?”
“Are you really up for it?”
“Tell me already, please.”
“There’s a charity dinner party tonight and we are invited but I’ve not gave them our approval coz I…
“We are going. I feel good and our baby is doing great too and as of you I know it is important for you to be there, so we are going.” she interrupted and he laughing at her eagerness. Her excitement was justified as he knew how she had been unable to go out and have her time given to the physical tension she had going on.
“I’ll get Amanda to help you prepare.”
“Is it not just any formal dinner?”
“Okay I get it. Can we not have Selena come in to prep me up?” she spoke again before he could knowing he never did anything that was normally normal, everything about him was always extravagant so she needed to prep up too. She did not want to look like a sack of potatoes and the only way to give justice to her handsome husband was that she got herself prep up too.
“I believe she can but given to the way she is. She will never get ready for the dinner herself if she was to be here with you. Lambert is bringing her along too.”
He was right Selena will only be pacing back and forth around her and not get herself ready like the last time. They were supposed to be out by 7p.m but Selena was just too hooked on making sure everything was prefect and safe for her, like an overbearing mother who had a child and didn’t want to let even the wind touch her child if that will cause danger to her child.
“You’re right. Amanda will be the perfect person.”
They both laughed reminiscing that very incident. Ricardo prepared a warm bath for her and carried her to the bathroom; things were getting heated up in the bath when he with a forced will pulled away from her before she could carry on with undoing his pants.
“We need to take things slow.”
She groaned in frustration and he laughed at her expression with a dent in his pants. He was more laughable then she was at the moment. Saying Amanda will be here shorty he exited the bathroom in need of an icy-cold bath, which he had been having for the past 2 months and every time he did he was mentally scolding himself for not listening to her and going in her unprotected but everything happens for the best and now they had a baby on the way.
“You look breath taking Mrs-Wilde.” Amanda commented after Iris had been done with her dressing. She had an emerald green gown on, which had a sweetheart neck and a high slit on the left from the hem to her thigh but won’t show until she intentionally put her leg out or pulled the dress to reveal her leg. It was the only one dress that she liked out of the 30 others that Amanda brought. Others were elegant too but the colours and their designs were not very suitable for her growing belly. Her make-up was minimal as she did not want too much chemicals on her face and did not want to cake up.
“Thank you Amanda and call me Iris.” She reminded her for the umpteenth time but Amanda was just used to addressing her that way.
“I’m sorry but it had become more of a habit now.”
“If you insist. Can you pick a shoe for me coz I cannot choose 1pair out of all those beauties?”
“They are all yours now.”
“Amanda you need to find a way for my husband to stop making spend like a spoiled brat who got hold of his parent’s credit cards for the very 1st time.”
“Mrs-Wilde you know I cannot do that and also you’re the only female I know who does not want the clothes and shoes.” they both laughed at her statement.
“I would have kept them if I could make sure to come back in shape after the baby otherwise what’s the use of keeping clothes in your closet when it won’t even fit you and given the way I am rapidly putting on weight it will be impossible.”
“You’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met.”
“And so are you, thank you for not being like those annoying secretaries in the books and movies.”
Amanda was a sweetheart and she was ever so willing to help her anytime Iris needed her. She was very efficient and she’d top if there was any competition for the ‘World’s best Secretaries’. Handing her the gold clutch she indicated towards the clock. It was almost time for them to leave.
“I don’t think to carry a clutch will be a very good idea as I probably will return home without it.”
“You are one hell of a species Mrs-Wilde. I’d have tagged along to keep it safe but you know there is other thing demanding my attention.”
Amanda had been running back and for from the main office and here for the sake of her boss. Iris planned to make it up to her once she had the baby as it was impossible to make Ricardo move an inch without his will.
Ricardo fixed his cufflinks and was to walk up to collect his wife but she was already on the stair looking ever so beautiful ad pure torture. The way the dress cupped her enlarged breast was alone for him to cream his pants and then she walked down and he noticed how her creamy legs were will come in view for a moment and then disappear as she takes another step down. This was pure torture and he was receiving the end. It was as if he was star gazing with all the wonders at its best.
“I’m good to go.”
“I want to change my mind and just sit you on a pedestal and worship you.”
She blushed red, cheeks growing warm. He kissed her on the lips and by the time he felt he had his share he let go of her and her hand reached in a swift motion to wipe her lipstick off his lips.
“This lipstick shade doesn’t go along with your attire.”
She teased and he took a finger of hers in his mouth.
“I don’t give a shit about anything else than you. I will look like a fool if I need to and I believe you’ve carried your lipstick with you as you’ll need it a lot.”
She raised a brow at him and he smiled at her as if he was up for the challenge so she took the clutch Amanda carried behind her and taking her lipstick out she put it in his inner pocket.
“Since you insist.”
Ricardo smiled at her and took the clutch from her hand. Rummaging through it he found what he was looking for and put it in his pocket making Iris’s playful smile fade and Amanda clearing her throat. This was a rare scene and who would have ever thought a man like Ricardo will be carrying that stuff in his blazers inner pocket.
“You can leave first Amanda, and so remind the makers to make a bigger pockets from now onwards.”
“I… ahmmmm… I will Mr-Wilde. (Looking at Iris she smile) Mrs-Wil… Iris I hope you have a very beautiful evening.” with that said she took her leave and Iris was pulled in his arms. He gave a quick peck on her lips them her head.
“You’re the most amazing woman and the most beautiful too.”
“That’s too mean of you to place me before your birth mother. Mom will be hurt if she heard you.”
She teased but what he said next left no room for further discussion.
“She’d agree with me too also she puts you before her own birth son and in a few months’ time I’ll be 3rd on her list and lower and lower as we make more babies.”
She was laughing hard at his statement. He was impossible sweet and a child. Lately she felt that Ricardo was more her baby than her husband and she was not complaining.
“Let’s see how things go before you plan on having more babies.”
He was thoughtful for a moment
“Either way I am always going to love you.”
“I love you too, you’re the most important to me. You’re my world. I love you.”
“Say the word and you can stay home with your world and ditch the dinner.” He teased his honest feeling and she was pushing him into the elevator for if they stood there a moment he’d be carrying her back in their bedroom and God know what will happen in there. As much as she was up for his plans she did mot want him to go back on his words to the charity and she was also dying to get out and meet Selena. She was praying for Johnny to tag along to the dinner.
“We better get there a.s.a.p, we cannot have you thinking without your brain.”
He laughed at the way she plated save and not said ‘thinking with his d***’. She was just too good for him and there was always this fear in him that one day she will realize her worth and leave him for good.
Ricardo’s only fear and  wildest night-mare.