Chapter-49

Mrs-Wilde walked in with her arms around a man’s arms. Had Iris not knew better she would have thought the man was her husband but that was not the case here as Ricardo’s father passed away when he was very young. She waved her hand at her at her mother-in-law. She was greeted with a very warm hug after she let go of the man’s hand but only after landing a kiss on his cheeks.
“I’ve missed you Iris (getting down on her knees she put her hand on Iris’s belly) How have you been little one? Nana has missed you a lot.” Iris giggled when Camilla looked at her belly and cooed like a child when she saw her favourite toy.
“I’ve missed you too Mom. How have you been?”
“I was fine but now I feel great. Too great at the age of 61.” she winked at her.
“No you don’t look a day older than 40.”
“I’d prefer if you’d have added a decade to it.”
They both laughed at her honesty but none of them were exaggerating. Camilla was over 60 but she looked like she was in her 40s. 
They talked and walked into the labelled showrooms but Iris was just not feeling it and Camilla noticed it too.
“Take me anywhere you want to. Today you can have your mother-in-law at your disposal.”
“What?”
“I mean it. You don’t feel it here so lead the way.” she gestured with her arms to let her take the lead and an excited smile was on her face. Patting her hand on hers
“I hope you like where we are about to go.”
“I’d love it anyway if I get to make the wife of my son and the mother of my grandchild happy.”
5 minutes later they stood outside the big massive door of the mart which was in the underground and Camilla was staring at her with opened mouth.
“Are you sure you want to go in here?”
“You’ve never been here have you? I can bet that you will love it here too.”
“There are way too many people here we cannot risk your safety.”
“We’ll be fine and we got them with us too. No man got their head just for decoration so they’ll stir clear than to take on them (indicating to the bodyguards following them).”
It was weird to have these bulky men follow them everywhere but if this will lessen Ricardo’s burned then so be it and also it had their own perks. She was finally getting to have her fill of shopping for her own food. It was months ago that she was last here and she missed Mrs-Sarah. The thought of her in the prison always dampened her soul but she was going to keep her words to her and take care of herself and not worry her. She was pulled out of her thought when she felt a hand on her shoulder, it was Camilla’s. She had a worried look on; Iris took her hand in hers and led the way.
“I was dying to have these.” Iris moaned after she put a big scoop of sour unripe mango ice-cream in her mouth. Camilla flinched at the taste of it. It was way too sour but she knew how the feeling was to finally put something in your mouth that you so desperately craved for.
“How did you feel? I mean when you were with Ricardo.”
Iris asked after half finishing her ice-cream, she was curious to know. Camilla shifted in her seat then taking Iris’s hand in hers.
“He was never one to talk much, never cried much but he was always in his own world creating havocs in utter silence. Had Marco been around I believe Rico would have grown up to be better than he was but Thank God he met you, had always been a good boy but he had become a better man after meeting you.”
Iris was at a loss of words she was not prepared for such praise, she never was for any.
“I remembered how he was quick to show what he disliked; there was no consideration in him for anything that was not his way. He wouldn’t cry to show his displease but on his own will make it right. He was always a smart one and took very seriously to the verse ‘one learns from his mistakes’. It was his Nano he was very close with and his Nana who is to be credited for all the humanly behaviours in him. After Marco passed away I was mostly away from home taking care of the empire with my father-in-law and he stayed back with his Nana mostly. I was asked to stay back with him but I couldn’t leave Nano alone to run the empire in the state he was in (regretful look). His Nana passed away when he was only 14 and then on he was on his own to grow up. It had always been hard on him but he was strong.”
“You did what was the best for all and I know he feels that way too. (Sniffling a cry) I would have never been able to do it had I been in your shoes.”
“And you shall have to share the same fate I did. My blessing to your marriage is the only good thing I can ever give you both, not that it is required”
“Your blessing and your presence is the precious to us and you’ll be an amazing grandmother too. I can feel it that (putting her hand on her belly) the little one feels the same.”
“Thank you Iris for being here in our lives and setting things in its proper place.”
Iris gasped when she saw that she had missed 14 calls from Ricardo, he was not going to be happy. They roamed around each and every stall and she was surprised at just how much her mother in law was enjoying every common thing like a child. She was amazed at the varieties of fruits and vegetables too as they were served the best and ate the best but they were very new to the idea of how things were beyond what they were served. She was buying all that was new to her and now they can serve for a whole neighbourhood. She was often scolded for being too long on her feet but it was worth every minute spent.
Ricardo was at the verge of flipping the world upside down with worry when he could not reach Iris for hours and his mother was also not taking his calls. Had it not been for Alberto (Camilla’s man) who was wise enough to call up and inform him of their whereabouts and wellbeing? There was this constant feeling that something bad was about to take place and he did not want it to befall on his wife or family.
Iris turned but she only saw the empty parking, there was this feeling of being stared at and she did not feel good about it too. This feeling was there the moment they walked in to the mart but she was not going to let just anything her mind made up spoil the moment also she had her bodyguards with them.
Ricardo was home when they arrived home; he kissed his mom on the cheek and then pulled his wife in his arms finally letting out a breath of relieve. Iris insisted that Camilla stayed with them for the week and not leave and she agreed.
They retired to their own rooms after dinner and Alberto followed Camilla into hers. Iris was glad that Ricardo did not see that. She tried to make sure he was distracted enough to notice that, she did not know how he will feel or react to it and the mood was too good to be spoilt.
“They’re together.”
“What!”
“Mom and Albert are together.”
“How did you know it? I mean, look I was not trying to cover up but it is their life to live as they wish and…
He laughed at her trying to shield them she was just too cute for her own good. He pulled her in his arms and laid her on their bed. He handed her his old tee from the closet. It was her night uniform and he was not allowed to take it away from her. She wanted to be close to what he grew in.
“They’ve been together for over than a decade.”
“Ohh…”
“Spill it out.” he suggested trying to ease her mind.
“Would you oppose if they’d want to put a name to it, I mean whatever there is between them.”
“It’s their call to make. They will if they want to.”
“What about you? Don’t you want them to?”
“If that’s what they want.”
“If that’s what will make Mom happy then so be it and I got no reason to oppose their wish. Albert is a good man.”
Iris was at ease knowing there was nothing to worry about regarding Camilla and Albert. They were grown up and responsible adults to think for their own wellbeing. They could only bless their union and live up a peaceful life.
She put her head on his chest and the current position they were in which was like the most comfortable was starting to grow on her, no position was enough to help her with her growing belly and she was still 3 and a half month away from birthing.
“Are you okay?”
“Yeah, I’m fine just trying to find the perfect position to settle in.”
He laughed at her but also worry masked his laughter realizing in what condition she was in.
“What can I do to help…
“Just be yourself and wipe off that worrisome look off your face.”
Finally she settled in with a pillow behind her back as she sat half lying on the bed, this position seemed to work for the time being. She told him to lie down but he wouldn’t move a finger.
“Let me accompany you through it.”
“That’s not going to help either of us, you know that. Don’t you?”
She was right but Ricardo had a mind of his own and a very stubborn one too. He pulled her on his lap bearing her comforting weight, she was growing bigger in every sense and with every change she was a sight to die for.
“I don’t want to put those kinds of ideas in your mind.”
She looked at him dumb folded, clueless of what he was implying on.
“Mom can marry Albert if that’s what she wants but I would never want you to put yourself in her shoes to that measure. The thought of you belonging to another soul than myself makes me want to burn this world down. (She was silently listening so he continued) The world can take all that belongs to me but I cannot give you up. I want only you for life and now that our little one is on the way, I’m trying to be reasonable and coming to terms with the fact of sharing you with him and it is damn difficult. You know? I only want you. I don’t know what I’ll be doing if you were to leave my sorry ass alone. It…
The sound of her light snoring made him look down at her only to find her sound asleep. The day’s activities were taking toll of her.
He kissed her head whispering ‘I love you.’ She turned around and cocooned in his arms. She was in her safe heaven and he was in his. With her safe and sound in his arms was his only desperate wish and desire.