Chapter-55

Iris was light headed with lack of sleep, it just won’t come to her nut she lied there in Ricardo’s arms till dawn. He was out early in the morning when he received a call from lambert, it seemed urgent and there was no time for him let pass without being quick on his feet. She helped herself with the little fruits and pancakes she was able to swallow without the urge to throw up and out it all. Ria said there was no one other than herself in the condo after she left with her husband for dinner. There was no clue of any other soul being in here. The security was tight making it impossible for even a soul to pass in here without the men on call being alert. Was it an insider who was playing these dirty tricks on her? She thought of wanting to share it with Ricardo but before she could make her mind he was already out with a disturbed attention.
The ringing of her phone had her jumping with shock, it was an unregistered no. she had no idea why she was receiving any such call but whatever it was she had a very bad feeling about it.
Ricardo was being held back Lambert as he tried to advance and reach for the man’s face with his fist. Mr- Buchanan was a very important figure of the society and had been working with them for more than decades. The nerve he had to make the decision on his behalf regarding his wife’s security was beyond driving Ricardo to put a bullet through his head and buried below 6 feet under for the worms to feed on. It had been over a week since there was break in in the prison but he thought it was better to handle things on his own with little power that he owned. Buchanan was not as wise as he let himself on to be to the world. There were only a handful of men who broke in n and took care of all the men on parole without leaving a trace.
Ricardo knew this was no ordinary man’s doing. Only few people had the blue prints of the whole prison security and this meant it was a doing of someone with power. There was no man he could think of who’d dare to cross path with him knowing just what he was capable of so whoever it was, was in for one hell of a ride in which it death was the only option  for conclusion. Ricardo never wasted his time or energy on anything or anyone until and unless he was provoked to but when he did he always made sure there will be no second chance for any such thing or idea to be born.
Slamming his palm on the table he leaned in towards the man huffing and fighting for his breath which he forgot about after being confronted by Ricardo.
“Get me the record of all those who have access to the blue-print of this sick place in an hour or you take this.” He said in his deep tone which never was used to giving warning or chances, putting his gun on the table. He was impatient, though he knew it was nearly impossible to complete the task in the given time but he was not prolonging anything, anymore. He had a tail on who just might be behind all this. With a word he could take the whole Bianchi clan down but Mrs- Sarah must first be taken out of there all well. It was not long and Iris will want to go down to visit her and the disappointment that will follow was too pricey for him to endure.
Lambert was relentlessly making call to one and then the other who could possibly have anything to do with Mrs-Sarah’s kidnapping. There was no sign of their where-about. Selena was home alone with Johnny and unaware of what was going on here. He needed to make sure they were save and away from all this mess but he could not do that without having make sure Iris was fine. She was his biggest priority as of now coz Ricardo was mad hunting after all those who made the mistake to cross his path and in the midst he might just put his wife and their unborn child on the line. He knew well just how the underworld worked there were no morals those filthy Bianchis understood and they’d go to any length just to get back at Ricardo. The world was going to flip and they’d not even notice what hit them until there is no more possibility to make out of it. He noticed how Ricardo constantly clenched and unclenched his fist trying to suppress his anger and not destroy whatever might cross by him. His breathing was way too calm for being normal. 
“You’d want to cut down on the nicotine if you want to share the same bed with Iris.” Lambert suggested knowing any more cigarettes and he will be doing himself more harm than anything else. It was very wise of him to play the right bait which was Iris and it worked like it did every other time.
“F*** I’m messed up.”
Lambert laughed at his friend’s admission. He pushed the ashtray towards and which was finally used as its purpose. It was a scene itself that Ricardo did not abuse the glass tray like he did every other time when he was not having his way.
Ricardo stood up unlinking his cuffs then the top buttons of his dress shirt. He wanted to be out of here and in the arms of his only solace, Iris. There was a knock and entered a fear stricken Mr-Buchanan with a manila folder in his hands.  The stood by with his hand over the other, head bowed with a submissive manner as Ricardo went through the list of people who had the access to the blueprint of the prison and held the power to enter it without any regular procedure and he was not surprised to find Marco Bianchi’s name on it.
“Lambert we’re taking The Bianchis down within an hour.”
He ordered Lambert complied whereas Mr-Buchanan tried to oppose his order but before he could complete a word of it Ricardo had his gun pointed at him and BANG went off the bullet.
“Mrs- Wilde!” Ria screamed as she ran towards where Iris was seated on the cold tiled floor with a pale look on. She had a hand on her belly and the other clutched her phone ever so tightly as if she was trying to choke it to death had the device been a living breathing thing. Ria tried to pull her up when she noticed that her Mrs was in shock of some kind but she emotionless and was in and not willing to speak out a word.
“Mr-Wilde… Ria was on her phone calling Ricardo after failing to make Iris speak or react but at the mention of his name Iris was quick to snatched the device from the helper’s hand, giving her a nervous smile then excusing her.
“What is it?” Ricardo asked sounding tensed, Iris gulped hard.
“Is Iris alright? answer me damn it.” He cursed
“I am fine.”
“Love, Thank goodness you’re well Iris. Why are you calling from the maid’s…
“Mine broke and I just wanted to hear your voice.” She said in a longing voice not wanting to give away into cries.
Ricardo felt somehow not too good about this sudden call and Iris did not sound well, he knew very well she’ll never let her worries out on her lips thinking she’ll be bothering or burdening him with. This was the only thing he disliked the most in his love. She will never intentionally let out anything to him if she somehow thought it will trouble him.
“I’ll be home in 10 minutes.” He said to which Joe is driver took a U turn leading back home before he said a word to him. Iris tried to reason out with him saying he did not have to be home and focus on his work but like in hell he will do that after knowing how he needed to be there with her when she needed her the most.
“I should have never felt you this morning after what happened last night. I’m sorry.” Ricardo apologized kissing her head and holding her tight to him.
Iris had instructed Ria not to let Ricardo know anything that happened in his absence as it only worry him and that she on the floor because she all of a sudden felt a little dizzy and that she will be fine after a rest. She was relieved that Ria complied with her and bought her lies.
Iris kissed Ricardo’s chest then bringing up his hand kissed the back of it as if it was a very delicate ware made of a very sensitive material. She wanted him safe and she was willing to hide him away from the world if that meant he will be safe. Only now did her dreams felt real and that it was to warn her of the future but she was going to change it, she needs to and she will.
“I want to shelter you from the world.” She said in a small voice but he heard her loud and clear making him turn her around and meeting her teary eyes but a loving smile on her lips. Making him feel confused as of what to take under consideration her loving gaze or her alerting words.
“I’ll make sure that you’ll never have to go through anything where you’ll need to do anything for my sake. I’ll make sure to be well protected and well.”
“Is it too bad to have me do anything for you?” A voice so small asked not meeting his eyes.
“If only it has nothing to do with you putting yourself on the line for me and I will never allow you to that.” He sounded like he had already pictured the worst scenario on his mind and did not like it a bit. She rubbed her hand over his in a comforting manner which had him calm his breath.
“Is there anything going on? I mean anything that has you speaking about such things, coz I know damn well there is.” Him asking her almost had her choke on her breath but she put on a not so convincing smile and met his eyes craning her neck. There was no way he will buy any lies of hers and lies was not what she wanted their marriage to be set on, especially now that they were about to start a new life, a complete family so she chose not to lie but also not to give it all away. The note and the words on the note so vividly inscribed on her mind.
“It’s the dream I had last night. I could not help it.”
He kissed her head trying to ease her tense and it did, he was her comfort her support. Now only did she realize more about the dream that she had last night and the notes this morning were related. The air that supported her vanished like it never existed making her crumble to the ground and Ricardo was that air that supported her. She gasped at the realization she will do everything in her power to make sure nothing will go wrong she needed to  do it and she will. She swore to protect him by any means.
3rd person P.O.V
I threw the device on the concrete making it disassemble. Sarah glared at me from the chair she was tied to and mouth gagged.
“Mrs-Wilde did just what was expected of her. She dared to switch off her phone as if that was the solution to all. (Laughs mockingly) I will show her what she is missing on.”
His abrupt standing caused the chair to fall behind him. Picking the helmet from over the pile of sack he walked toward his motorcycle. Putting on his helmet that covered the wicked smile he had on he sped off leaving a trail of dust behind him.