Chapter-35

She was cornered by the new client of their who was trying to intimidate her into having his way with the article that had to do with his infamous club which was downtown and had some golden marked complaints on. the latest piece of work they were set to publish on the day after tomorrow was already in print yet this bullhead prick thought he was going to change their works solely for the sake of his club which they’ve not mentioned in the article in its exact bio yet here he was causing trouble.
Where was Juan? He was running late again when she needed him to handle this case. She was never good with strangers and did not know what to do with this thick head who was behaving as if he was never smacked for his wrong ways as a child.
“Mister you need to calm or I’ll have no other option but to call the guards on you.”
Right that her phone ringed and she without glancing at her screen took the call and before she could bring it to her ears she dropped as the man started to advance towards her.
“Little f***, I can slam you against this very wall of yours and there will be no voice to say otherwise.”
“Look! Mr whatever you are trying on will only get you into trouble and I believe you do not want to let yourself into another lawsuit when you already have enough on your hand.”
HE let out an annoyed laughter and was about to hit her but halted mid-air.
“Since you already know too much about me you should also be, knowing that another one will not bother me.”
He brought his hand and brushed her hair off her face.
“I don’t put my hands on beautiful faces but I can do a lot more than just threaten you so you should be as wise as you look and get the work done. I don’t care how much loss it will cost your shitty place but I want my way done.”
With that said he turned and starts to head towards the door. The second he turned the knob and opens the door he was thrust back with a force so strong, he collided with the desk and the papers on it went scattered on the floor. Ricardo clenched and unclenched her fist in the air. He had this no bullshit face on. He loosened his tie and grabbed the man by his collar and pulled him in only to throw punches back at him. He repeated it again and again that Iris had to practically drag him off the now unconscious man.
“F*** the nerves he has to make a move on you.”
“Ric, you got to stop. He’s had enough.”
If it had been any other person trying to hold him back will be receiving the same fate of the unconscious man but it was Iris. He looked at her from head to toe and then asked if she was alright.
“He was only words. He did nothing I am fine.”
“Good for you that he was all words or I’ll…
“No. You will do nothing more than you already did.” she interrupted and did not want him to continue his talk in anger. The guards were by her door so she took her bag and pulled him out of the cubical. Juan was heading towards them and before he could greet the both of the Ricardo’s fist collided with his beautiful smiling face. Which had all the staffs gasp in surprise and Juan kissed the floor with a bloodied nose.
“That is for not keeping your word and Iris quits today.”
“No I’m not quitting.”
“Yes you are or everybody present here is fired.”
She elbowed him in the stomach and she helped Juan up saying she was sorry for her husband s uncivil manners.
Juan looked at the guards carrying the bloodied and unconscious man past them and he knew just what took place here.
“Iris I told you not to meet this man on your own. Are you alright? Did he try anything funny?”
“Nothing that shitty f*** was trying was funny and why do you even involve my wife into this kind of shitty cases?”
“Ricardo! That’s enough! I won’t stand here to have you speak about me as if I have no conscious or as if I do not exist. This is my work place and if you can’t behave like a rational person you are more than welcome to leave.”
He pulled her to him and all the female workers gasped at his action and she was going crazy with anger.
“Cool down. I’m sorry I angered you but I am not sorry that I hit any of them.”
“Just leave. You are not sorry at all.”
But he stood still none of her words entered that brain of his so not wanting to put more show for the rest she walked out of the door.
“You need to be rational.”
“Shut up!” she yelled at him when they were seated in his car.
“What would you do if you’d be in my place?” he asked after what seemed like a very long time.
“I will shut that stupid mouth of mine and give you some time to yourself.”
“I don’t want you to sulk. It does not do for me.”
“Ricardo do you even realize that everything is not for you and you cannot expect me to be what I am not. What happened today was an incident but you cannot just speak on my behalf that way.”
“I’m sorry I did that but I really do not want you to work there. You deserve more than that.”
“I’ve worked hard for that very position. It was that very work that made me collect myself back when I had nothing else on my hand. I feel secure knowing no matter what happens in life I can still provide for myself and that I will not have to through all my contact lists filled with all those fake concern people. I’ve had enough.”
She broke down at the last sentence and he pulled her to him. She tried hard not to show that she needed his comfort.
She did not want to be vulnerable ever again. She’s tasted it and it was helpless.
“The only person you should ever reach out to is me and I’ll make sure you do just what you want to.”
She will work there if that’s what makes her happy but there will be tight security starting from tomorrow. He will not take another chance to have her get into anything like today’s incident. There were too many mental notes he made by the time they were at his apartment and she headed straight into the bathroom.
Sarah was in the kitchen organizing the cabinets when he entered and she greeted him. He told her to prepare something for Iris to eat and she did.
He carried the tray to the room but she was still not out and then knocked on the door saying he brought her some refreshment.
He took out his device and made a call. The stupid mother***** was going to die by his hands so he made sure his men did not lay a finger on him.
“Keep him all fed I’ll be there in an hour.”
“You are not referring to Rhodes are you?” Iris asked coming out of the bathroom. She knew her husband would not let go of that man easily but she did not want him to litter his hands. She did not want to be the reason of his hands being bloodier, more than it already was. She was tired of all the miseries and any type of chaos.
“Don’t worry about anything. I will take care of it all.”
“You need to stop.”
“I won’t do anything extreme.”
“You never listen. Why do I even bother?” she walked away from him. Turning the lights off she slipped under the sheets.
He ran his hand over his jaw then sending a quick message to his men saying they were to make sure his warning was tattooed in that thick head of his.
She pushed his hands away from her waist, his hold was tighter the second time and it was getting difficult for her to push him off. She turned and faced him. he leaned down to kiss her but she moved her head away and his lips landed on her cheeks which made him groan in displeasure.
“You did not let him off the hook, did you?” she asked and he was frustrated as hell that she was still thinking about some other man in his presence.
“Let him go and I will stop thinking about him.” she proposed reaching out and handing him his phone.
“I am not doing that and you will stop mentioning about any other man other than me + I am doing what you asked me to. I am not getting his blood on my hands, my men will do the job just fine, the only difference is that I won’t have the satisfaction to ruin him by my own hands.”
“Just do it Ricardo.”
Okay 1st name basis was never good if it was not moaned out. She was not one to make idle threats and will not take a second to sprint off the bed and lock herself up somewhere, depriving him the pleasure of having her by his side.
“You’re playing with fire Love. I don’t want to break your little heart but you are tempting me to do just that.”
“Are you calling them or not?” she asked in a timid voice not giving a shit to his threats and with a displeased groan he called his men to let go of their prisoner but to keep an eye on him.

“Thank you.”
“I don’t want you to feel anything towards…
“I know and I won’t think about any other man and make sure you are the centre of my universe.” she said in a mocking tone and he had her pinned underneath him.
“I want you to mean everything that you say and not just say things to please me which you don’t mean.”
“Okay, fine! you are not the centre of my universe but you are my only husband.”
“Only husband?”
“Yup the egoistic, narcissist and a ill-tempered one, also not forgetting filthy rich.”
“You forgot some adjectives such as deadly handsome, suffocating-ly possessive, etc and 1 who loves you beyond any words or actions can define.”
Her heart beat a million unknown rhythm and her insides warm. Him confessing to her every now and then, and with her not being able to put her feelings to words.