Chapter-12

Iris stomped out of the bathroom, red in anger but there he laid on the bed ever so sexy and handsome. Lately he has been skipping work and been with her as much as possible as if it was her last days and she was counting her last breaths.

She was to leave for Alaska today and she had been preparing herself for it. Going through the questionnaire for today's interview, mentally preparing herself. She had her luggage prepared consisting of the all the attires that she was to wear but now there was only some few hours left and she has to change it all. The hickies Ricardo left on her were not to be hidden by the selection of her dresses which were in her bag.

She threw the wet towel on making him groan and wake. He smiled at her and literally moaned a good morning to her. "You did this on purpose right?" she asked pulling the collar of the bathrobe a little below showing him his art, which only made him smile in satisfaction.
"You need to stop bruising me." She yelled at him and he was on his feet in an instant pulling her to him and kissing her naked shoulder. She tried to push him away but it was impossible. She could never compare to his strength physically or financially.

"This are my love marks and not bruises." He testified as if he was the victim. "You cannot do this to me all the time and especially when you know I got such important interview." She was yelling at him now. "That has nothing to do with my love marks." She slapped his chest as hard as she could but he did not even flinch. "You don't expect me to roam around with these marks on me, do you?"

"I will love if you can show that to every single person you go around meeting. They'd all know you are taken and mine." He said ever so casually and that was it. She pushed away from him not being able to look at him without wanting to kill her husband without any second thought. He looked furious too, his brows creased at her in a questioning glance. She slapped him across the face.

"I don't believe you." With that said she turned and walked away from him, who looked like he was about to explode into their closet. Now the only thing that matter to her at the moment was her getting away him and the stinging of her palm. She ever so angrily pulled the lavender turtle neck dress over which covered her chest and the reddened parts of her body well. She did not want to traumatize anybody with the marks on her.

When she walked out of their room all dressed, pulling her trolley with her. Ricardo sat at the dining awaiting her presence all washed up and dressed for work. No matter how angry she was with him she was not going to leave him on bad terms. They both needed to give their fair share to work out this marriage. She sat opposite to him and he got up walked away, so much for trying to make this marriage work. Losing her appetite she was about to get up when he returned and sat right next to her making her face him. He took hold of her hand and rubbed the ointment on them, which replaced the sting with coolness of the mint. She was taken aback by his doing and wanted to apologize for slapping him but he beat her to it.

"Never do that again." he said through his teeth. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you." She apologized, guilt filling her.

"That is not what I meant." He replied and she was at loss of words. "Never try to hurt yourself again." this man she called her husband was not sane or perhaps have lost it all. Instead of being angry at her here he was applying ointment on the hand which just slapped him across the face.

"Did I hit you too hard?" she asked ever so curious and he only laughed at her. At this very moment she wanted to shut him with her lip... she was going crazy. His laughter was gruff but soothing and it made her smile. "You need to work on your strength but you should not use violence on me until and unless I so desperately deserve it." he teased her and she realized she has never raised her hand on anyone and he was her first yet again. Nothing to be happy about but it was funny. "You are my first." She said and he pulled her on his lap. "A week too late to realize it."