Lonely Voice

It has been a few weeks since I left Alexandria. I have no doubt that Daryl and Rick haven't told Dwight I was no longer in Alexandria. If he knew I was gone, he would have came looking. Even though these past few weeks have been lonely, I've taken the time to fix up the house. I've cleaned up the floors, fortified the house, put a can fence around the house so that if any walkers stumble onto the property, I'll be able to hear them.

          I've went on a few runs and found some clothes, food and water. I've planted a few seeds in the yard and hopefully some food will start growing.

          I was now in this house, sitting down in one of the four chairs around a table in the kitchen. It's so quiet. Right now I would love to hear a walker moaning. It's just so silent. No Dwight, no people, no animals, no walkers. Just nothing. I lean forwards and put my elbows against the table and close my eyes. I start thinking about all the good memories from before everything. Good memories of Dwight and myself.

**FLASHBACK**

          "You know... I think it's breaking the rules of Truth or Dare when you only allow the game to do truth." I tell Dwight. Instead of us doing truth or dare. We're only doing truth.

          Dwight looked at me and smiled. "This is better. Because instead of one of us daring the other to do some dumb shit and them getting hurt... we get to know each other better. Get to know things we probably didn't know before." I playfully rolled my eyes at him. We both sat down on the floor and crossed our legs. "Who goes first?" I ask him. He looks at me and shakes his head. "Ladies first." I smile at him and think of a question to ask him.

          I look him in the eyes and smile "Is it true that you want to graduate high school and go to college?". Dwight looks at me and gives a half smile. "I want that to be true, but I doubt that it will ever happen." Dwight says to me with a hint of sadness in his voice. I clear my throat, which makes him look at me. "As long as I'm around... I'm gonna make you think the best about yourself. You hear me? You want to graduate high school and go to college? Well then as long as I'm around, you will. If it's something you really want." I tell Dwight. He smiles at me and nods his head.

          He looks at me and I can see he is debating on if he should ask the question or not. "Just ask. You're my boyfriend. Never be afraid to ask me a question. Unless I'm angry. Then that probably isn't a good idea." I tell him with a chuckle at the end. He chuckles at me and looks down at the ground. "Is it true that you want to get married and have children one day?" he asks me. I look into his eyes and show no emotion.

          Of course I've thought about one day getting married and having children. Almost every girl does. With Dwight still looking at me, I nodded my head. "Of course. It's kind of a dumb question, Dwight. Girls always think of that shit. We think of wedding dresses and what we want it to look like, we think of the food we want served, we think of the place we want to be wedded at, we think of the gender of our babies and what we want to name them and where we want to raise them. I think that a normal girl thing." I tell Dwight with a smile on my face. I think he could notice the happiness in my face.

         With Dwight still staring into my soul, I start to get nervous and I look down at the ground and start playing with my fingers. "I do too." I hear him say. I look up and see Dwight with a smile on his face. "I mean... I've thought about marriage and kids. Though not in the detail you probably have." he says with a chuckle. "But... I know that one day I want to get married. And truth is... I've thought about baby names before... but it's useless to think about." My face turns into confusion. "What do you mean?" I ask him. Dwight lets out a sigh and shakes his head. "I have a shitty memory. Which you already know about. I know that I've thought about boy and girl names. I know I have... but my memory... it forgets. It doesn't save those for me. It just throws it away like it's trash." My heart breaks for Dwight.