Walls

**DWIGHT'S POV**

           I know my head should be in the game, but for some reason I have a really bad feeling about something. A feeling that I maybe should have brought Jasmine with me instead of leaving her there.

           "You excited?" I hear someone ask from beside me. I turn my head and see Michonne walking alongside me. I smile at her and nod my head. "Yeah, and nervous." I reveal to Michonne. I hear Michonne chuckle beside me. "Listen... that's natural. I would be concerned if you were excited and nervous." Michonne says to me. I nod my head and looking in front of me.

            "What else is on your mind?" Michonne asks me. I take a deep breath and shake my head. "I'm scared about bringing a child into this life and for some reason I just have a bad feeling in my gut." I say to Michonne. "A bad feeling about the baby?" Michonne asks me. I look at her and shake my head. "About Jasmine. About here being there and me being here." I say to Michonne. I see Michonne sigh and look down to the ground.

           For a while, it's quiet. Until Michonne speaks. "This world... it is not like ours. But that child won't know the difference. Judith and all the other children born into this world won't know the world before. Which makes them stronger than us." Michonne says to me. I feel a small smile appear on my face. She wasn't wrong. I look over at her and nod my head at her. A grin appearing on her face before she walks ahead of me and starts walking with Rick.

          Hours went by. The sun setting below the trees as our feet crush the leaves and twigs on the ground. Everything was changing as night set in. Except for my mind. My mind still trying to figure why I have such a bad feeling. Freaking out that it isn't a bad feeling about me or anyone that I'm with, but about Jasmine. Who is safe in the community.

           "Everybody down." I hear Rick whisper-yell at us all. I bend down and look ahead. Seeing the apartment complex. It had walls and thick ones from what I could tell.

           "Okay, We are going to split up into four groups. Okay, Daryl you take a few people with you go to the West side of the walls, Carol you take a few people with you and go to the North, Ezekiel you take a few and go to the east. I'll take the rest. We are looking for blind spots, how many people are inside, ways inside, anything to get us inside and win. We meet back here once you are finished looking." Rick says to us all.

           I feel a tap on my shoulder and look over and see it was Daryl. He motions with his head for me to follow him.

           Daryl and Aaron were in front of me while there were a few other people behind me as we follow them. I grabbed my knife and made sure it was in the ready position. The walls were brick. I would be lying if I said I wasn't impressed. "psst." I say. Daryl turns around and looks at me. "There is no way we are going to get a look inside without someone looking over the wall. So... we're gonna have to hoist someone up." I say to Daryl.

           Daryl nods his head at me and looks around. "Well Dwight... you're skinny. Might as well be you." Daryl says to me. I let out a sigh and nod my head. Daryl and Aaron both bend down and lock their hands together so I can step into them. I take a deep breath and step into their hands. Daryl and Aaron softly grunt as they lift me up. I grab onto the edge of the wall and lift myself the rest of the way.

           I make sure to not put my whole head on display. I look over and I see a few fire pits on fire and see a few women and children outside. Some were taking down clothes, preparing plates for the children and some were sitting down in chairs with guns in their laps. I see the front gate and see that it's heavily guarded by other women with guns. I look down and motion for them to help me back down.