Two Days

It took about a day and a half for Rick and Daryl to arrive. Bringing some people with them. I walk out of my trailer and see the group I used to rely on. I see the group that I once considered family. I guess I still consider some family.

I walk over to them just as Rick pulls away from Maggie. He looks over at me and I nod my head. I see him let out a sigh. He nods his head back. "What's going on?" Michonne asks. I look over at her and take a deep breath. "Let's head inside." I say to everyone. I look over at Dwight who was near our trailer. Hanging some clothes up to dry. I give him a small smile before entering the building.

We all head inside Maggie's office. Daryl shutting the door behind him. "Maggie you want to do it?" I ask her. She looks at me and shakes her head. I look over at Rick and Daryl. "There's a woman upstairs. Not in the best shape. We found her a few days ago. I finally got her to talk and trust me. She was running from a community. Called "Black Oats". The community isn't so friendly. Especially to women." I say. Which causes Rosita, Michonne and Tara to slightly move in place.

"She says the community is about 15 miles east of here. It's an apartment complex." I say to them. I watch as Rick pinches the bridge of his nose. "I know it wasn't too long since we finished a fight... but we gotta fight another. We have to. I mean... they could be tracking her. They may show up here and do to us what they've been doing. We have to go first. We have to attack first. End them before they end us." I say. I can see the sadness and tiredness on their faces.

It's always one fight after another. Rick stepped my way about three feet and nodded his head. "We'll head back to Alexandria." Rick says as he looks at Michonne, Rosita and Tara. "Tell them about this. Get everyone that can fight and get them ready." Rick says to me. I nod my head at him. Rick turns around and looks at Daryl. "I'm assuming you'll talk to the Saviors about this? Get them on board with helping us?" Rick asks Daryl.

Daryl reluctantly nods his head. "We need to get word to Ezekiel and Carol." Rosita says. Rick nods his head. "All right. We'll stop by there tell them what's going on. Have them get on board with it." Rick says. I look over at Maggie and sighs. "I'll get Hilltop. We haven't told them what we know yet. I'll do it later today." Maggie says.

I look around the room and for a small moment, it feels like it did before Negan showed up. In this moment, it felt like a family again.

We all turn our heads towards a knock on the door. Jesus walks over and opens it. Revealing Dwight. Dwight walks in and clears his throat. "I would like to help with the fight." Dwight says. I look down at the ground and take a deep breath. "I'm taking Jasmine's place in this fight. She's gonna stay here. Take care of things." Dwight says. I look up at him and scoff. Rick looks over at me and he looks me up and down. Not sure why Dwight was saying this.

"I know that... I was apart of the Saviors. I know I did some shit that's unforgivable... but... this is my family. I will fight and die for all of you. Especially Jasmine." Dwight says. Rick looks at me again and shrugs his shoulders before looking back and Dwight. "I understand you not wanting her to go out there and get hurt... but we don't know this place. We need all the bodies we can get." Rick says to Dwight.

Dwight nods his head at Rick and takes a few steps closer to him. "I get that. But she can't. She's staying here." Dwight states to Rick with a serious tone. Rick looks over at me and I shake my head. "I'm pregnant. That's why Dwight wants me here and to stay safe." I say. I see everyone give me and Dwight a smile. "Congratulations." everyone says to us. I give everyone a smile and clear my throat.

"Dwight is not gonna let me go. But... I'll be here. So if any of you want me to watch someone, I will." I say to them. Rick gives me a nod before looking at Maggie. "You're not going either. You just had a baby." Rick says to Maggie. Maggie nods her head and looks around the room.