Infection to Extraction

**This chapter will be in Dwight's POV**

          It's been almost a month since I last saw Jasmine. When Negan took us to Alexandria, the only thing that was on my mind was Jasmine. Making sure she didn't die by the hands of Negan or the Saviors. When I was shot by Laura and Daryl took me down to the sewers, I was expecting her to be there. But she wasn't. Daryl told me that she took off. Didn't tell me why, just told me she did. I had a pretty good idea where she went, and as much as I wanted to run to that house and pull her in for a hug, I knew I couldn't. Not right now. The only thing I had going for me was that Negan was "dead" or at least missing after Rick ambushed us.

          I decided to go have a smoke outside. When I walked outside, I inhaled the smoke from my smoke and then I heard it. That whistle. I slowly turned around and saw Negan standing on the stairs. My mouth slightly opened from the shock of seeing him right here in front of me. "Surprised to see me? Shouldn't be." Negan asked me. It took me a minute to speak. I exhaled and shook my head lightly. "Hell yeah, I'm surprised. We found your car, and Simon thought that-" I didn't get to finish what I was saying before Negan interrupted me. "Give me a hand with this, will you?" Negan asked me. I turned my head and saw what he was pointing at.

          Negan and I walked over to the dumpster and started pushing it to where it belonged. "Not gonna lie... a real punch in the dick when Rick cornered me in the basement with those decomposing assholes and you fellas never showed up." Negan said to me. We finally got the dumpster where it belonged. I slowly turned towards Negan with my cigarette still in my mouth. "Simon thought-" I was again interrupted by Negan. "I want to know what you were thinking." Negan said to me. I removed my cigarette from my lips and exhaled the smoke away from Negan. "See, I want to know if you remember who you are. This little talk is just between me and you." Negan said to me with a little smile on his face.

          I took a deep breath and hoped this time I could finish my sentence. "Simon's your number two. I thought you wanted him calling it. I remember who I am. I'm Negan." I said to Negan. Hoping he doesn't catch my lie. Negan gave me a small nod. "Good. That's what I like to hear." Negan said to me. I nodded at him and took another drag off my cigarette. "Now do me a favor." I looked up at Negan. "Put that smoke out right there." I gave him a confused look, but I quickly dropped the cigarette where he wanted.

          I exhaled the smoke that was in my lungs from the cigarette and looked back up at Negan. "See, when the time comes... and you will know when it comes... I want you to remember this little talk. I want you to remember what we've done and what we can still do together." Negan said to me. Negan reached out and put his hand on my shoulder and roughly shook it. He stared at me for what seemed like forever before removing his hand and walking away. I turned back to look at him and something didn't sit right with me. He was acting weird. Even for Negan.

          Shortly after the talk between Negan and I, Negan called for a meeting. Which consisted of me, Simon, Arat, DJ, Gary and of course, Negan himself. Lets just say that Negan isn't very happy with Simon at the moment.

           "I thought they killed you and that you were gone, like..." Simon says to Negan. It takes him a second to come with his next part. Simon snaps his fingers. "Like that" Simon says. I look over at Negan and see him cleaning Lucille off. "I lacked discipline. And I made it personal. And that's why I moved things from infection to extermination at the Hilltop. Yes... things went bad. Though I think it's possible we may have found ourselves in a similar tactical situation, regardless of approach. We don't know that. So I'll own it. I just ask that you give me a pass on this one. I'll make it up to you. I promise you that." Simon tells Negan.