Chapter 2

A/N: Ok, I'm going to make this simple and just tell you the song of the day. I can never seem to write long author's notes for some reason... hmm... anyways..

SONG OF THE DAY: Stole My Heart by One Direction. (I just think it fits, ya know?) ;)

---------------------

Mady

"So, are you guys done unpacking?" I brushed my fingertips on the rim of the railing, calling up the stairs to the boys.

"Yeh," I heard Harry answer.

"Almost," Zayn said afterwards.

My heart skipped a beat when the sound of Nialler's footsteps scared me. He was rushing down the stairs, and I knew I better get out of the way before he fell on me. Which, I never said that was a bad thing, but I just better do the right thing and move.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Niall's blue eyes locked on me, an awkward smile on his lips. I was feeling the same way, only my palms were sweating too.

"It's okay, you didn't see me," I reassured him. Niall scratched the back of his neck slowly, as if he were trying to think of what to say. When he didn't even make a sound, I continued. "I'm sure you would've stopped if you noticed me on the bottom step."

"Yeah," he laughed to himself, now evading my eyes. I could tell this was all just too weird for him to handle. "So, uhm.."

I think he was finally going to say something. I wiped my sweaty palms on my shirt, not wanting him to notice I was fangirling over him like crazy right now.

"I was wondering if," he paused, biting his lip, "well, if you wanted to go to Nando's tonight. You know, with the boys? I didn't want you to think we'd be..."

"Alone?" I laughed, knowing exactly what he was going to say. I shook my head. "I know what you mean. I'd love that."

Niall smiled down at me, appearing only slightly less nervous than he appeared to be before. He brushed his blonde bangs out of his eyes, revealing a nice, crystal blue color. Unlike Niall, I was only growing more nervous by the second. He was just so adorable, and it was practically impossible not to freak out that he was standing right there in front of me. But, I held it back. Only because I knew how annoying Niall throught fangirling was, and I didn't want to start off with a bad impression on him.

"Great," Niall broke the silence, looking cute as ever though I'm sure he wasn't trying. "I'll let the boys know."

I nodded, sending Niall on his way. God, why was it so awkward between us? Why can't we have a descent-lengthed conversation without pausing? I mean, I can talk to Harry like he's my brother. They share the same level of maturity. And, it's not hard to strike up a few sentences with Liam or Zayn or even Lou. Of course everybody knows Lou's crazy, but he's actually quite easy to get along with. Out of all of them though, I was the closest to Harry. I've known of him for about two years, but I've only known him for a few hours. And, I already thought of him as a best friend.

I calmed down and my palms went back to normal when I saw Curly stumbling down the stairs, not bothering to use the railing. He smirked at me, his eyes meeting mine as he hopped off the final step.

"Hey, Curly," I greeted him, smiling. He did the same, wrapping me in a quick hug. God, he smelled so good. I swear that boy must take a bath in cologne.

"I need a nickname for you," Harry licked his lips, pointing a finger at me. He looked up at the ceiling, trying to think of a name. I only shuddered.