Chapter 5

A/N: Greetings my fellow directioners! :) How are you people today? Anyways, another update! Yayyyyy! Ok, I'm going to stop being annoying and pointless now and let you read; OH BUT BEFORE I DO!!

SONG OF THE DAY: Titanium by David Guetta ft. Sia (Recently made a 1D version of this!)

--------------------------------------------------

Zayn

Ever since Nando's, Liam has been acting weirder than he usually was. He would tense up everytime someone would say his name and then immediately afterwards chant, "I didn't do it!". That's a little bit unusual. And, he's supposed to be the smart one? That's just offensive to us.

As I headed to my room, I saw Nialler with his head turned to face the floor. His hands were really tightly stuffed into his pockets, and if I'm crazy he seemed to be nervous about something. I stopped suddenly in front of him, and he looked startled as he looked up at me.

"Hey are you okay?" I looked at him, his nervous eyes wandering from place to place around the room. I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for him to respond.

"Yeah, perfectly fine, why?" Niall spoke fast. Too fast. It was almost as if he was hiding something from me and the others. But, that's crazy, right? The boys and I tell each other everything. He couldn't possibly be hiding something, could he?

"Just wondering," I snickered to myself. "It almost seems like you're keeping something from me." I watched as Niall's eyes widened, his breath increasing.

"Hiding something? No I'm not hiding anything. And, neither is Liam," he blurted without thought. When he realized he made it obvious, he ducked his head down to look at the floor once again. "Gotta go."

I reached out and grabbed his shoulder, preventing him from leaving without a real answer. "Liam? What does Liam have to do with anything?" I raised an eyebrow, growing more suspicious than ever before.

"Nothing. Liam? Did I say Liam," he paused, chuckling to himself. "I didn't mean Liam."

"Seriously, Nialler," I insisted. "What's going on? And, don't tell me there isn't anything. I know you're keeping something from me, and I don't like it. Bro, we tell each other everything."

He sighed. "I know we do," he began, "it's just that I swore I wouldn't say anything."

"Swore to who?" I asked again.

"Look, Zayn," he layed a hand on my shoulder, as I stood there, refusing to lower my arms from my chest. "It's not that I don't trust you. I just made a promise before, and I can't break it. I'm sorry."

"You didn't answer me," I repeated. "Swore to who?"

"Liam," he looked to the floor. "Now, I really got to go." He walked away, his head still cowered to the floor and his hands still tucked inside his pockets. I shook my head, retrieving all of the thoughts in my head and gathering the information Nialler had given me.

What was causing Liam to act differently? Whatever it was, and as one of his closest friends, I'm determined to find out the reason for his behavior.

I headed back down the stairs, searching for a brown-eyed, somewhat wavy haired boy to talk to. When I spotted him, I didn't hesitate to run up to him and attack him with questions.

"What's going on with you and why are you acting so weird?" I randomly blurted to him, Liam's expression filled with tension and fear.

"What? What do you mean?" Liam's words ran together, and I could tell it was because of his fear. I rolled my eyes at him.