Chapter 12

A/N: New update! I try to post as often as possible.. (as you can see aha) So.. anyways, I hope you enjoy reading as much as I do writing, because then that would be a lot! (:

SONG OF THE DAY: Riverside! (Recently downloaded this LOL)

--------------------------------------

Niall

It wasn't comfortable for me to be sitting there, clutching my finger, with pairs and pairs of eyes on me. Mady was still at my side, squeezing my free, non-injured hand with worry. Our fingers were interwined together, and for a moment I actually kind of liked it. I thought it was pretty cool that her small fingers fit perfectly inbetween my large ones.

"I.. slammed my finger in the car door when we got to McDonald's, and now it hurts really badly," I explained to the nurse, trying not to screech in pain.

"I see," the nurse thought aloud, scribbling down what I had said on her clipboard. "Do you.. want to try and bend it?"

I looked over at Mady, biting my lip in fear. She knew I didn't want to bend it, because I was afraid of doing some serious damage to my finger. She nodded at me, leaning in to whisper something to me from where she was sitting.

"You can do it, blondie," she winked at me, making me smile and feel so much better. With that, I did as she said; and I lightly began to move my index finger.

"No.. it hurts too much," I explained to the nurse.

"Okay... come with me," she guided me out the door, and I followed closely behind her.

I slipped my hand slowly out of Mady's, promising her I'd be right out in a moment. "Niall, let's go to the room next door to examine your finger much better."

"Alright," I agreed, sighing to myself.

As I started for the door, Harry wrapped me in a quick hug and told me everything was fine. I nodded to him, worried as ever still.

Harry

The room was silent for a while, due to Niall leaving the room. I looked over at Liam, who was biting his fingernails like a mad man. His nervous brown eyes roamed across the room, as if searching for something to focus on. I then redirected my attention to Louis, who had his head held in his hands.

His eyes were closed, and every once in a while he would take a deep breath. I kept on hoping he would open his eyes and reveal his navy blue color, but he didn't. Then, I glanced over to Zayn, who at there plainly. His brown eyes were widened as he stared out the window, an expression of obvious worry planted across his face.

Last but not least, I looked over at Mady. She was panting like crazy; sitting there ancy as ever. Every so often, she would comb her fingers through her hair and study the floor, and I could even see her chest rise as she breathed heavily. I sighed, fiddling with my fingers and looking downwards.

"Do you think he'll be okay?" Mady nervously broke the silence, her voice quavering.

I walked over to her, plopping down next to her and wrapping my arm around her shoulders. I pulled Mady closer, rubbing circles in her back.

"I know he'll be just fine," I assured her, and she sighed.

She let out a small sob into her hands, and I reached over to take her hand in mine. Mady stopped whimpering, looking me directly in the eyes. I ran my thumb over the top of her hand, hoping it would be a sucessful attempt to calm her down.

"But, would about his guitar," Mady began, her voice slightly shaky from before. "If his finger is broken, how would he play it?"

I looked over at Liam, hoping he would have the answer. When he didn't say anything, I assumed it would be best if I answered her on my own. I sighed, looking back up at her.

"Mady, please stop worrying. Everything will be okay," I regarded her question, hoping to reassure her with my statement.

"Alright, alright. I'll try and stop," she panted, looking to the ground and nervously messing with her sleeve.

When we heard the door creak open, all of us looked straight ahead. As it opened further, it better revealed the blonde boy, who stood there with his eyes full of worry. The nurse was at his side, still not wanting to let go of that clipboard of hers. None of us stopped looking at Niall; at least not until he sat down next to Lou on the chair.

"I'll be right back with the results," the nurse informed before heading out the door.

I watched as Louis slipped his arm around Nialler's shoulders, letting his arm drape loosely around the Irish boy's neck.

"You're going to live, okay?" Lou assured him, causing Niall to chuckle softly to himself. I smiled over at Louis, happy that he made Niall laugh when I could tell he wanted to cry.

"There is one more thing I'm worried about," Niall admitted, looking over at Zayn.

"What is it?" Zayn asked, full of curiousity.

"I'm worried we won't get to go to McDonald's. I'm graving cheeseburgers right now." Niall answered, causing all of us to throw our heads back in laughter.

I was pretty sure if we kept this up, the nurse may come to yell at us or something. I mean, we were in the emergency room. We shouldn't be making this much noise. But, I didn't care. All that mattered to me right now was that Niall was having a laugh, something all of us adored about him; his sense of humor. Sure they can yap at us, as long as he's happy.

"Don't worry, Niall. We'll go after we leave this joint," I promised him, "well, we'll have to open and close the door for you this time."

"Good," Niall joking acted relieved.

It wasn't long until the nurse had shown up at our door once again, this time with a laptop instead of a clipboard. She pulled out a chair, getting herself comfortable in it as she began to read the results. I watched as Mady walked over to grab Niall's hand, doing it with no sign of fear or hesitation.

"Okay, Niall," the nurse began, clicking her mouse one last time before the file appeared. "From what it says, it appears your finger isn't broken, but it's badly sprained. I would suggest wrapping it up with something to protect it, and try not to do much with your hand or apply to much pressure to it. You don't want to make it worse than it already is."

Niall sighed, exchanging glances with all of us. I looked over at Mady, who had her head bowed to face the floor, worry glistening in her eyes. I felt bad for her, knowing that of all of us, she was the most concerned.

I also felt bad for Niall, of course, because of his injury. It could be something minor, or he could turn it into the worst thing that has ever happened to him. It all depends on how he decides to handle this situation.

"So, remember Niall," the nurse added, "don't carry on too much with it. This is not something that should be taken lightly. I mean, you'll be fine, but just don't ignore it. Okay, you're free to go. I wish you the best."

"Thank you," I said for Niall, knowing that's what he was thinking.

We all began to walk out the door, heading back outside to the car, of course opening and closing the door for Nialler as he stepped in. We just don't want to risk another injury.

"Now, why don't we just go in the drive through instead of going in?" Zayn suggested from the back seat. "That way, Niall can get his cheeseburger, and it won't require opening any doors."

"Good idea," I acknowledged him.

"That's what I'm here for," he joked, taking all the credit. Though, he did have the right since it was indeed his idea.

"Just be careful while you eat, Nialler," Lou added, "don't go shoving that burger in your mouth the way you did with the popcorn."

Niall laughed once again, and all of us very well knew Lou was good at cracking up a joke. With that, he ordered the blonde a soda and a cheeseburger, hoping to satisfy his mood. Luckily, it did, and he almost seemed to forget almost completely about his finger.