Chapter 16

A/N: Okay, just so you know, this chapter (like most of the others) is another filler. I apologize for that! Please bare with me, okay? I PROMISE it'll get interesting soon (: Thanks for being sweet loves, everyone! <3

SONG OF THE DAY: Count On You by Big Time Rush ft. Jordan Sparks (It's stuck in my head right now and I can't seem to stop singing it for some reason lol)

Okay, I've annoyed you enough already... so...

YOU MAY PROCEED NOW (:

------------------------------------------------------

Mady

The next morning, I decided to confront Liam and Lou about their conversation I overheard last night. Whether it was a stupid decision to make that would affect me in the future or not, I was still going through with it. And, that was that.

“Hey, Li,” I began, nervously. “I kind of overheard you and Louis talking last night.”

I watched as Liam’s eyes widened, as if he was thinking how I possibly could’ve been awake. He cleared his throat, nervously tapping his fingers upon the edges of the chair he was sitting on.

“You..uh,” he began, “you.. heard that?” He scratched the back of his neck as his voice quavered. I nodded.

“Yeah, I heard it.” I informed him. “What were you two talking about? Something about a girl you like?”

“I.. don’t really want to talk about it,” Liam went on,“but, yeah. There’s a girl I like.”

I chewed my bottom lip, shifting my weight to the opposite side. I crossed my arms over my chest, thinking of what to say next. Hopefully, what I eventually decide to say won’t get me in trouble later.

“Why don’t you want to talk about it?” I asked, curious to know more. “Come on. You can tell me.” I playfully hit him in the chest, but he only sighed, shaking his head.

“I don’t know,” he explained. “I just… don’t want to talk about it.”

“Can you at least tell me who it is?” I demanded. “I mean, who’s the girl you like?”

“Mady, please. I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Do you.. not trust me?” I wanted to know, hopefully he would note that it wasn’t the case. But, I can only hope.

“No, it’s not that. I do trust you,” he clarified, “…please, I just don’t want to talk about it. It’s not just with you, I don’t want to talk about it with anyone.”

“Would about Louis?” I brought up. “You talked about it with him.”

Liam sighed. “I know. But, I’m not going to talk to Lou about it anymore. Or, anyone else for that matter.”

“Okay then,” I said finally, turning around to head in the other room. “I guess we are done talking about it.”

Liam

I don't understand why Mady wanted to know who I was crushing on so badly. I mean, it was already bad enough she heard me and Lou talking, but that's not my point. Of course I'm still going to talk about it with the boys, just not in front of Mady. Well, all that I'm saying is, I don't want her to know that I possibly fancy her a little. Or, that could easily turn into a huge disaster.

The only thing I'm worried about is, what if all the clues add up that she's the girl I like? I mean, it's possible. First of all, she's the only girl around, and she's spending the week with us. So, that's already a huge giveaway. Second, every time Mady does something, the boys always nudge me or look at me funny; and, I know she sees it happening. I may not physically tell her I like her, but if my life continues to go like it is, there is a good possibility of her finding out.

Sighing, I walked into the kitchen to get some breakfast to eat. After all, it was morning. Walking into the room, I began rummaging through the cabinets, searching for something that I felt like eating. It was a little later that I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to eat anything right now, but what I really needed was something to drink.

The minute I saw Zayn's package of Yorkshire Tea, I knew that would settle my fancy for a drink. I just hope he wouldn't mind that I was going to drink some of it without asking for his permission. Since I'm already going to make a cup for myself, I figured I might as well make some for the lads and Mady. I mean, it wouldn't do any harm, would it?

With that thought still wandering around in my head, I began to boil some water for the tea. Suddenly, I heard another sound of footsteps coming from the staircase. Since Mady was already awake, I figured one of the guys must be up and hungry.

I wasn't surprised when I saw that the boy coming down the steps was Niall, knowing how hungry he was all the time for breakfast. As he stepped into the kitchen, I watched his as he stretched his arms, his blonde hair disheveled in a messy pile on top of his head.

"Morning, blondie," I ruffled his hair with my hands jokingly. "How did you sleep, love?"

Niall smiled weakly at me, and I knew he was still knackered. He fixed his hair after I'd messed with it; not that it was any better before. I mean, the lad had just woken up, I can't expect him to look like a movie star.

"Good enough," he answered. "If I could've slept longer I would've. Hey, are you making tea?" He asked, leaning over the kettle as it rustled.

"Yeah," I answered, laying a tea bag on the countertop.

"Does Zayn know?" The Irish boy asked. I shook my head.

"Nah, he doesn't," I began, "I was thirsty, and I saw the tea just sitting here. I didn't want to have to wake the poor lad and ask him for a drink, so I just figured, what the heck." I chuckled, as did Niall.

"Okay, well," he started, "I'm good with it. As long as you promise me a cup."

"Don't worry, you'll get some tea," I assured him. "Now, why don't you have some breakfast?"

"Don't have to ask me twice," Niall teased, opening the cabinets like I did before.

I heard more footsteps coming from the staircase, causing both me and the clumsy blonde to look over towards the other room.

"Good morning, Louis," I greeted my bandmate when I saw his caramel-colored hair. "I'm making tea. Do you want some?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll take some," he answered, trying his best to fix his hair from sleeping.

"Are the other boys awake yet," Niall wanted to know, "would about Mady? Is she awake yet?"

I felt my cheeks flush at the mention of her name. "Yeah, Mady's awake," I answered. "Oh, and Louis. Are the rest of the boys awake yet?"

Lou only shrugged. "I don't think so, but I'm not sure," he explained, "although, if I were them, I'd want to be down here as soon as possible. You know, to have some tea?"

"Yeah, I think I've got that," I joked, only causing Tommo to roll his eyes at me with a smile. "Alright, boys. Tea's ready. Why don't you two do me a favor and wake the others? I'll go get Mady since she's already down here."

"Alright," Niall agreed, grabbing a cracker before heading upstairs. "You coming, Lou?"

"Yeah, I'm right behind you," the Doncaster lad assured him, following in his foot steps.

I reached in the cabinet above me, trying to reach a few mugs to pour the tea in. When I finally got them down, I poured the water in and let the tea bags sit for a few minutes. As I let them hang there, when there was a dark enough color, I threw the tea bags away in the sink and poured some milk in to finish it off.

To make less work for the others, I placed the cups of tea at the table where everyone was going to sit. I just figured it would be easy for me to do it while I'm down here. You know, so the others won't have to go through the trouble of carrying the tea across the room. I considered it a favor; although I didn't expect anything in return. I guess you could describe it as something I've done out of generosity if that's what you want.