Chapter 15

A/N: I didn't want to keep you guys waiting (I'm not that mean aha) so.. here's a new chapter for ya! Enjoy! xx

SONG OF THE DAY: City Is Ours by Big Time Rush

-------------------------------------------

Niall

I can’t believe that almost slipped out. I mean, if Zayn wouldn’t have said anything, I would’ve asked her to kiss me. I don’t know why I felt like asking, I just did. I don’t know if that means that I fancy her, but I’m not sure. I guess I just need to start thinking of things with better clarity.

“Niall? Are you okay?” Mady broke me out of my thoughts, it was then that I remembered she was still walking next to me. I looked up at her, trying not to be obvious.

“Huh? Oh, yeah,” I assured her doubtfully, “I’m perfectly fine.”

“Are you sure?” She asked, suspicious of the tone in my voice. I knew I wasn’t good at hiding things, but yet I still bothered to try.“You don’t seem like you’re fine. If you ask me, it seems almost as if you’re drowning yourself in thoughts. Do you have something you need to get off your chest?”

She stared directly into my eyes, and it was clear to me that it wasn’t a good time to lie. I bit my lip, and shook my head, deciding I shouldn’t talk because I’ll just make matters worse.

“Okay then,” Mady crossed her arms over her chest before walking away, and at the same time I was debating on whether or not I should call her back over. Deciding not to, I tried to get my mind off of everything by taking a nap.

I walked slowly up the stairs, as if I was a little kid that was sneaking up on their parents late at night. I tiptoed carefully, running my fingers along the wooden railing. When I finally reached the top step, I headed towards my room, walking inside and closing the door tightly behind me.

Truthfully, I wasn’t ready to go to sleep yet. In fact, I was wide awake. I just felt shutting my eyes and relaxing would be the best thing to settle my mood for now. You know, get my priorities and thoughts perfectly straight by the morning. Judging by the time, it won’t be long until sunrise.

Mady

I know Niall told me everything was fine, but something in his eyes were telling me that he wasn’t. It was almost as if his words were saying something, but yet his expression said another. Sighing, I decided to let the thoughts go, sitting myself down on the couch.

I was almost ready to go to sleep, when I saw Zayn in the kitchen. I wonder what he was doing awake, considering the fact that I was pretty sure he would be one of the first of all of us to fall asleep. With that, I sat up, giving myself a perfect view of the brown-eyed boy from where I was sitting. Stupidly deciding to open my mouth, I didn’t hesitate to call him over here, regarding the fact that I had indeed nothing to say.

“Hey, Zayn,” I began, “could you come here for a second?”

“Mady?” He asked, walking towards me. “What are you still doing awake?”

“Actually, I was wondering the same thing about you.” I explained to him, Zayn’s eyes refusing to land on me. “What are you doing up?”

“I got hungry,” he answered. “For some reason, even though we had all that chocolate, I’m still starving.”

I laughed. “You’re starting to sound like Nialler.”

He smiled. “Speaking of Nialler,” he began, taking a seat down next to me. “I just wanted to say, I’m sorry for teasing you about him. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.”

“It’s okay, you were only joking,” I insisted. “And, uh..”

“What.. is it?” He started, leaving me emotionless.

It was almost as if this part of me wanted to tell Zayn that I had feelings for Niall, but at the same time, I didn't want to. I mean, I trusted Zayn and all, but I already told Harry, and I feel one person is enough. But, now that I've started, I can't go back on my decision. I just wish I hadn't called him over here.

"It's just," I paused. "Nevermind."

"No, tell me," Zayn begged, finally looking me in the eyes. He was so cute, and I couldn't say no to him. That being said, I had no choice but to go on. I sighed once again.

"Oh. alright," I gave in. "But, you have to swear you won't tell anyone."

"I swear," Zayn promised.

"Okay," I started, taking a deep breath. "I have a crush on Nialler. I always did. Is that.. weird?"

Zayn smiled. "No, that's not weird. That's.. aodrable. I think it's cute that you like Niall," he started, causing me to blush. "Does anyone else know?"

"Yeah, I told Harry," I explained. "But, please don't mention it to him either. I made him promise not to bring it up."

"Okay," he agreed. "Now, why don't you get some sleep, love? I'll be upstairs, alright?" He reached out to lay a hand on my shoulder, and when I nodded, he began to head up to his bedroom.

I did as he said, laying down and getting myself as comfortable as I could. I shut my eyes, trying to drift off to sleep. Unfortunately for me, I didn't fall asleep right away. I was probably tossing and turning all night.

Another thing that was keeping me awake was a soft, humble sound coming from the room across from where I was sleeping. It sounded like someone was whispering; and the voices sounded like Liam and Louis.

Not wanting the boys to know I was still awake, I shut my eyes, listening with open ears and closed eyes. I even made some various movements to make it sound as believeable as possible that I was asleep. The two must've believed me, because they kept on talking to each other, regarding the fact that I was in the room.

"I think you should just tell her that you like her," I heard Lou whisper to Liam, leaving me confused as ever.

"No, that would be stupid," Liam said back to him, regarding his feelings. "I don't want to tell her. I'd rather keep it a secret."

"I don't think that's a good idea, Li." Louis insisted.

"What? Why not?"

"Because," Lou began, "if she knew you liked her, you could become close friends, and eventually be in a commited relationship. If you never tell her, she'll never know, and you won't get anywhere with her."

"I guess your right," I heard Liam sigh. "But, how am I supposed to tell her? I mean, I can't just go right up and say it."

"How come?"

"Because that would be idiotic, Lou," Liam exclaimed. "And, I don't want to start getting the same reputation as you around here."

Louis chuckled. "Alright. Well, just get some sleep. We'll talk more about it tomorrow."

When I was sure I heard footsteps going up the stairs, I figured it was safe for me to sit back up. As I leaned up against the back of the couch, I sat there confused. Apparently Liam likes someone, but who? I mean, they just kept saying she over and over again.

I couldn't help but get this feeling that the girl they were talking about was me, and that Liam had a huge crush on me. Not that it bugged me, I mean, for Liam to like me, but the one I truly loved was Nialler. Now that I think about it, it makes sense that Louis kept looking over at Liam suspiciously, but would about Zayn? He was giving Daddy Direction weird looks, too. I wonder if he was in on it. And, if he was, he now knows my side of the story. So, how am I to be sure that even though Zayn swore he wouldn't tell anyone, that he would go explain the story thoroughly to his trusted bandmate? Right now, Zayn has my secret in the palms of his hands. I just hope that Zayn keeps his promise and stays loyal to me, and I guess we'll just have to see what happens.