Chapter 23

A/N: Another update for you guys! <3 As you can see, I obviously have no life. That's why I update everyday. Well, that, and I'm not what you'd call a 'social butterfly.' Anyways, enjoy my lovelies! Xx

SONG OF THE DAY: Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye (Random song determined by shuffle! Sorry.. it's what I do when I use up a lot of my favorite songs! I don't have too many lol)

----------------------------------------------

Niall

Mady and I were about to head out on our date, so we grabbed a few more things before heading to the park. As if out of habit, I grabbed my guitar and wrapped the strap around my neck. When I was sure I had everything I needed to keep me occupied for the hour, I asked Mady how she was doing with her belongings.

"Are you coming my dear?" I asked, adjusting the loose strap that hung off my guitar; that was still hanging on my shoulders.

Mady quickly caught up to me, a huge smile on her face as the wind blew her hair out of her face. Gaining the courage, I grabbed her hand and ran down the street with her until we reached the park.

The park was a pretty shady place for the most part; due to all of the trees that surrounded it. The grasses were tall and swaying, and you could tell the people that leave really close to here never really bother to trim the field every once in a while.

Anyways, in any other situation besides this one, I usually come here alone. I always thought of the park as a peaceful place to write songs or poems; or even just think or play the guitar. This time around, though, I thought it was also indeed a romantic place for a first date. Especially if that date is with someone you truly care about.

Mady and I skipped across the large field-like area, hand in hand. We laughed along the way as we headed to the largest tree in the park, and it was also the shadiest due to its size. This was always the tree I came to.

The minute we sat down in the soft patch of grass, I slid my guitar strap off my around my neck. Letting my guitar rest on my lap, I slightly strummed it, but that was before I knew that afterwards I would be in a great state of pain from something so little. If I would've known that, it's more than likely that I wouldn't have done so.

I clutched my injured finger in my hand, recalling everything that happened from the trip to McDonald's that night. I closed my eyes, biting my lip as I rested my head against the trunk of the large tree. Mady reached out to slide a few of my bangs out of my eyes, and I finally looked at her.

"Nialler, are you okay?" She asked, full of concern. I sighed, strong-willingly letting my hand drop back to my lap. I nodded doubtfully, but I would do anything to make her feel better.

"Yeah. I... probably just shouldn't play the guitar." I smiled weakly at her, and she did the same; though her's was filled more of concern and worry, stuff along those lines.

"Do you.. want me to play the guitar while you sing?" She offered, her eyes meeting with mine. "I mean, if you want to."

I looked to the ground. "Sure." I agreed passing the guitar to her.

"What song are you going to sing?"

"There's a certain one I have in mind," I explained to her. "And, I dedicate this song to you. I'll start singing, and once you realize what it is, you can start playing."

"Okay." She smiled at me, waiting for me to continue.

"The lights shine,

it's getting hot on my shoulders.