Chapter 36

A/N: Another update! It's a risk, though, because you never know when the power will go out.. (yeah, it's really raining hard now) Oh well! AND SCHOOL IS CANCELLED! YEAHHH BUDDYYY! :D

     ~                                                                                                                                                                  

SONG OF THE DAY: Little Things by One Direction (NEW SINGLE! OH MY FLIPPING GODDDDDDDDDDDD!)

-----------------------------------------------------

Mady

I wanted to speak but I just couldn't. I was in such shock, it was almost as if it were impossible to say anything. I parted my lips, my eyes on Nialler as he began to talk.

"We have to warn the boys," he suggested. "You know, let them know what's going on."

"Good idea," I finally managed to say, and we both ran for the door. "I'll tell Louis and Harry, you tell Zayn and Liam."

"Got it," Niall agreed, and we went our separate ways as we dashed down the hallway.

I stopped to catch my breath, leaning against the wall. When I had finally slowed my heart rate to a steady pace, I swung the door open. Looking in from where I was standing, I had a perfect view of the two boys.

Harry was propped up on his bed, his legs dangling off the side. His green eyes were now looking at me, and his hair was curly as usual. Lou was standing against the bed, as if he were having a discussion with Hazza. His navy eyes were sparkly as ever, and his lips were a light shade of pink. Tommo's hands were down in his pockets, and he was turned to look at me standing in their door way.

"Mady? Shouldn't you be with Nialler," Lou teased. "Perhaps, snogging?"

I felt my face heat up, and Harry smacked Louis in the arm, as if it were punishment for talking the way he was.

"Lou, behave yourself," Harry warned, and the Doncaster lad rolled his eyes, his arms crossed tightly over his chest.

I allowed a small giggle to escape my lips, but at the same time I knew I had to get to the point. I knew I couldn't hold off too long.

"What I am really here for," I paused, making sure I had their full attention. I licked my lips. "...Niall got a phone call from Simon. And... he's coming over."

"What? Right now?" Harry asked, worried as ever. I nodded, which only made him feel worse.

"Okay. We'll be down," Lou promised, exchanging glances with Harry as I raced back out the door. I figured I'd wait in the hallway until Niall came back.

Niall

No matter how exhausted I was from running or how bad I needed to catch my breath, I didn't hesitate to rip open the door. When I spotted the two bandmates I was supposed to deliver the news to, they gave me these weird stares; as if they were wondering why I was here.

"Nialler, why do you seem so anxious?" Zayn wanted to know.

"Yeah, and.. out of breath?" Liam added, making the Bradford boy's statement have more clarity involved.

"I have to tell you as quick as I can," I said, talking between breaths. Man, I was exhausted. "I got a phone call from Si when I was in my bedroom. He... says he is coming over. Right now."

I watched as Zayn and Liam looked at each other, concern spread widely across their faces. It was almost as if they were struggling to speak, or they figured staying silent was the best thing to do in this situation.

"Okay. We'll be ready," Zayn promised, as Liam nodded his head.

When I was sure they fully understood the plan, I raced back upstairs to meet with Mady. She was leaning against a wall, her chest rising as she breathed. I could tell she was just as out of breath as I was.

"So, you told them?" She asked me.

"Yeah."

"What did they say?"

"They told me they'd be ready," I explained. I grabbed hold of Mady's arm, dragging her downstairs. "Come on. We need to think about what we're going to say."

"So that's the plan?" I wanted to make sure. "We'll bring Simon in here, and he'll sit across from us on the couch. Then, we'll say how much we love each other, and how now nothing he can do or say can break us apart?"

Mady nodded, a huge smile forming on her lips. "Yup. You got it."

Us being the only ones down here, it was uncomfortably silent. My gaze dropped to the floor, not knowing what to do or say. Judging by the look on Mady's face, she didn't know what to do either.

When she wasn't paying attention, I turned to look at her. I scooched a little closer to her, and she looked up to smile at me. Right as she was looking at me, I quickly leaned in to peck her lips. Mady giggled, obviously not expecting it.

"Oh, come on. You can kiss me longer than that," Mady quoted me, bringing a smile to my face. Before we knew it, we both found ourselves leaning in. Right when our lips were about to touch, there was a knock at the door.

Simon.

"I'll get it," I sighed, trudging over to the door. I heard the boys stomp down the stairs, surrounding the couch that Mady and I were going to be sitting at.

"Boys," Simon cleared his throat, obviously not too happy. His eyes roamed over to look at me, and with that I sat back down on the sofa. "I believe we have some business to take care of."