Chapter 40

A/N: Another update! I don't know how many more there will be though... We're getting near the end of the book :(

SONG OF THE DAY: Apologize by One Republic (Pure AWESOMENESS!! :D)

-----------------------------------------

Mady

As I saw Nialler and Harry standing before us, I couldn't help but let my eyes roam over them. I studied the blonde, who was constantly shifting his weight to the opposite side. His hair was disheveled like crazy; not that it ever wasn't, though. His blue eyes were filled with suspition, at it was almost as if he was hiding something.

Meanwhile, Curly looked calm and collected. His green eyes were fixed on me, and his focus was off in space. His chocolate colored haired rested neatly on top of his head, and his hands were stuffed down into his pockets. The necklace that draped down over his neck was glimmering in the light, and it was almost impossible to take my eyes off of it.

"You guys have been gone a while," I finally spoke up, standing out of my chair. "Where did you go to eat for breakfast?"

"Uh," Nialler started, immediately directing his attention to Harry.

"We, went to... McDonalds again," he told me, and I was only partially convinced. Niall had me pretty unclarified.

"Sounds like fun," I said, looking to the floor.

"Yeah, it was." The Irish boy agreed, finally allowing himself to look up to meet my eyes. He advanced one step forwards, laying a hand on my shoulder. "Something tells me you're worried. Don't be worried, my dear." He whispered to me, his lips tickling my ear as he spoke.

"Alright, you got me," I gave in, giggling a little before pecking him softly on the lips.

He smiled at me, before heading upstairs with Hazza. Those two just can't get enough of each other, can they? Though, I shouldn't be talking. Nialler and I do way too many things together. But, I enjoyed it, and I intend to keep it that way.

Niall

"Phew, that was close," I mumbled to my green eyed bandmate, who was still reaching in his pocket. He took his hand out, clenching the ring in his palm.

"Yeah, too close." He thought aloud, handing me the piece of jewelry. "Here. Keep this in a safe place. You wouldn't to lose it."

I brushed my finger across the ring, studying it closely once again with my eyes. I nodded at him, and a small smile was playing at his lips; as was mine.

"I'll keep it safe. Oh, and thanks for coming with me. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have gotten the ring or made up a lie of why I was gone."

He chuckled. "No problem. I'm going to head back downstairs."

"Okay, I'll be down," I told him, tucking the ring away in my pillow case. "I just have to take care of a few things first."

"Alright." He said, heading towards the stairs.

As I heard him stomping on each step, I knew it was safe to do things on my own. As of right now, the ring is inside my pillow case. Whenever it would be time for bed, which was a long while from now since we just had breakfast, I would take it out and stuff it in my pocket of my other trousers. It was full proof, and hopefully Mady wouldn't find out until she was supposed to.

I combed a hand through my mess of white-blonde hair, quickly racing down the steps to the living room. Louis was sitting on the couch, Mady next to him, and then Harry. On the other side of Harry was Liam, and then of course Zayn.

When I met up with the others, I politely asked Harry if he could scooch over at little. He winked at me, immediately letting my sit by my girlfriend. She noticed me from the minute I had stepped off of the bottom step, and since then she hadn't taken her eyes off of me. Which, I didn't mind. She had pretty eyes.

I didn't hesitate to reach over and interwine our fingers together. She gave me a small smile, adjusting her position so that our knees would touch, Once they did, a faint blush appeared on my cheeks, and I felt like an idiot.

"If you lovebirds are about finished, I think we should play a game of truth or dare," Lou suggested randomly. He immediately fixed his eyes on me, adjusting his beanie with his hands. "Blondie, why don't you start. You ask me."

"Alright, uh," I started, looking to the floor to think. "First of all, truth or dare?"

"Dare." Tommo answered, a devious smile tugging on his lips.

"Okay then," I returned the smile. "I dare you to... swap clothes with any of the lads. Not Mady, of course." I joked, and she playfully rolled her eyes.

"Alright. Let's see... who's wearing the nicest outfit..." Louis studied the clothes on the boys, brushing his finger over his bottom lip as he though. "Harry. I pick you."

Harry sighed, walking off with Lou since he was chosen. Which, left a pretty big space on the couch where we were sitting.

"Okay, I'll ask you, Zayn." Mady turned to the Bradford boy, her eyes locking on his brown ones. "Alright. Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Hmmm..." Mady thought. "If you had to date one of the two boys in this room, so Liam or Niall, which one would you pick? Well, if you were a girl."

"Interesting.. question," Zayn joked, studying Liam and me closely. I have to admit, it was a little uncomfortable for me. "I'd say... Niall."

"Really? Why?" She asked him.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "I guess it's just his blue eyes."

I laughed, and Mady only leaned forwards to playfully nudge my dark-haired bandmate in the arm. With a smile on her face, Mady stared him dead in the eyes.

"Yeah, well back off. The blondie's all mine." She insisted, leaning towards me and causing my face to heat up.

We all laughed, and as we did so, I heard the sound of my other two bandmates. The two bandmates that happened to be Harry and Lou, who had swapped clothes.

"Presenting.. Harry Styles!" Lou shouted, attempting to present Curly. When Haz didn't move forward, the Doncaster lad shouted back to him.

"Harry. Come on out." He said from behind the wall.

"I look rediculous. There is no way I'm going out there," I heard Harry say, causing me and Mady to chuckle as she firmly gripped onto my arm.

"Aw, come on. You look great, Hazza." Louis attempted to persuade him, but failed.

"Of course you would say that. It's your clothes," the green eyed boy corrected him. Losing his patience with the lad, Louis ran behind to drag Harry in the living room.

We all burst into laughter, and Harry only gave the carrot boy a death stare.

"Alright, alright. Can I change now?" the Cheshire boy pleaded. and Lou only sighed. He led him off to the other room, nodding his head.

"You never know what may happen here, It's always fun and games." I said, causing the others to burst into fits of laughter.

Mady burried her head in the crook of my neck, a strand of my hair brushing against her cheek. I smiled to myself. Everything was perfect.