Chapter 30

A/N: Alright, @Miss_Nialler, I'm updating since you have a hatred towards cliffhangers. (Unlike @Jamie_Niall_Penguin who finds them 'interesting.')

That's two different ways to look at it! XD  No promises for the future, though with the cliffhangers! hehehe.... xD

Anyways, I must warn you: THIS IS A DRAMA-FILLED CHAPTER. Probably the most important chapter of the whole story. One that no one will forget. EVER. TRUST ME. Oh, and I can't believe this is my 30th chapter! WOW!

SONG OF THE DAY: Cupid Shuffle (It's stuck in my head for some odd reason... hmmm...)

--------------------------------------------------

Niall

I knew I couldn't keep my curly-haired bandmate waiting any longer, so with a croak in my voice, I began to speak. Harry's arms were still crossed over his chest, longing for an answer.

"Harry, I...." My voice trailed off, and Harry's eyes just wandered over me, as if signaling me to continue. "I can't break up with Mady. I... just can't. In fact, she and I just kissed again a few minutes ago. I don't know how the hell I'm going to get myself out of this."

Harry sighed, and I could feel his eyes on me as I began to chew my fingernails. I knew torturing my fingernails wasn't the answer, but at this point I had nothing better to do. My head shot up whenever I heard the sound of Haz clearing his throat, as if he were about to say something.

"Look, Nialler. I think you should tell Mady. You know, let her gain a full understanding on what's going on."

I brushed my thumb over my bottom lip as I thought of what to say in response to Harry's suggestion. "Really? But, what if she takes it the wrong way?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, if she thinks I'm the one who wants to break up with her, even though Simon is the one making me. If I make that mistake and it comes out wrong, I may never be able to fix this."

"That's why you have to be careful with the words that come out of your mouth. Make sure she understands that Si is the one making you break up with her. Then, hopefully she'll understand. Just trust me on this, okay?"

I nodded, and Harry patted me on the back. Now that I think about it, my green eyed friend was always good at giving me advice. I can honestly say that there hasn't been a time where Hazza has let me down. At least, not yet.

"I get it." I mumbled back. Harry smiled, laying a hand on my shoulder.

"Now, go talk to her." He signaled me, pushing me to the side. I smiled a little to myself, taking a deep breath as I layed a hand on the doorknob.

For a moment I looked back over at Hazza, and he gave me a thumbs up. I gave him the signal back, and pretty soon I was on my way.

"I can't believe you!" I heard Mady say when I opened the door.

She was standing in front of me, her arms crossed over her chest. Her brown eyes were piercing into my blue ones, and her expression showed pure anger. I found it hard to speak as she stared at me, her eyes like daggers.

"Mady? H-how much did you.. hear?" I finally managed to ask.

"I've heard enough," she snapped. "Enough to know that you were going to break up with me?! How could you not tell me?! What about those times we kissed?! Did that mean nothing to you?! I can't believe you."

"No, Mady. You don't understand, I," I paused, looking to the floor. "I.. was going to tell you."

"But you didn't. You led me on to think that you really had feelings for me. You played me, Nialler. You messed with my heart." She turned to run away, but I grabbed her arm before she could escape me.

"No! That's not what I meant," I tried to say calmly, my voice shaky. "I'm not the one who wants to break up with you."

"Really? Then who does?!" She rolled her eyes, really irritated.

"Simon. He doesn't like the idea of me dating a fan." I explained to her, but she only shook her head.

"Yeah. right. Nice try. This.. isn't like you," she broke out of my grip, turning to walk away. Before she walked away, she turned around to say one last thing. "And by the way, "Simon" isn't the only one who doesn't like the idea of you dating a fan."

She left me confused. "W-what?"

"That's right. I don't either," she sobbed.

"What are you saying?" I wanted to know, my voice filled with worry. She shook her head.

"We're... through." Mady ran off, her face in her hands as she bolted away from me.

"Mady! Wait! Come back!" I called after her, reaching my hand out to her as if she was still standing there.

When I noted that she wasn't going to come back, I dropped to the floor, landing on my knees. I buried my face into my hands, tears streaming down my cheeks in frustration.

It was all his fault. Simon's fault. If he wouldn't have gave me this stupid assignment, I would've never dealt with this. I never would've hurt Mady, and she would never of ran off crying.

---------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, what did you think? Leave a comment! Although.. I'm pretty sure I know what @Miss_Nialler has to say about it... I don't think I'm going to get a vote on this chapter from her... I'm pretty positive on that....

But, I don't know about all of you! Chapter 31 will be up soon! I swear on Harry Styles that it's true! (: xx

-Reese Styles