Chapter 19

A/N: Okayyy here is a new chapter! (: xx Obviously... so I hope you enjoy it, my fellow Directioners! :) And, you all know I love my sweet, sweet Hazza, so I'm going to be doing a lot of P.O.V's for him. But, at the same time, I have a soft spot for my Nialler (: Although, I know he's not mine and he's someone elses.. but HARRY IS MINE AND THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE!

Okay, so now that you understand that, I'm just going to give you the song of the day and then I'll let you read. (: x

SONG OF THE DAY: We Are Young by Fun. (I used to be in love with this song, but not so much anymore. It's just been stuck in my head lately, so I figured eh; whatever. :)

CARRY ON MY LOVELIES <3 x

--------------------------------

Niall

Since I was known as always wanting to have a good chat with people, I hated being put in awkward situations like this. I looked over at Zayn and Louis, who seemed to be just as puzzled and lost as I was. Louis gave me a quick glance, and his navy eyes locked on mine for a split second. Zayn just sat there and stared, watching every time Liam would talk or Mady would laugh.

I didn't want to be put in this odd situation anymore than Lou did, because everyone knows he's the one who likes to be the center of attention and crack the jokes. Because of that, I thought it would be best for all of us if I decided to speak up. Well, at least it would be good for the two of us; the socially awkward teenage boys.

"This weather is terrible," I mentioned, redirecting my attention toward the window and hoping the others would do the same.

I watched as the thunder struck, and a beam of lightning flashed against the window. A few raindrops rolled down to escape the wooden siding. The clouds parted across the sky, leaving a somewhat dull and grey color. The were stretched and thin, almost as if they were pressed together.

"Yeah, I know," Zayn went along with me. "I don't know if this rain will ever stop."

"Oh, of course it will," Liam walked over to the window, trying his best to close the blinds. He rolled his eyes, looking back over at the Bradford boy.

"Well, you know what I mean," he started, "because all it seems to ever do around here is rain. "

Mady sighed, and it almost seemed as if the conversation starters before had now became the awkward ones. I'm not saying I liked the silence, as long as it wasn't me who wasn't talking, I was okay with it.

"So, Liam... ," Mady began, I watched as Haz shuddered at the mention of his bandmate's name. It was almost as if he was nervous about something. But, what?

"Yeah?" Daddy Direction wanted to know, pulling over a chair to sit in. He cupped his head in his hands, his elbows trusting holding him up as he leaned on the table.

"Um, I was wondering," Mady continued, looking down at the table as she fiddled with her fingers. "...Harry told me something about you.. asking who I liked? Why.. were you so curious?"

Liam bit his lip, looking over at Harry was if he was a guilty party. Hazza just looked down to the floor, trying to avoid all eye contact with the lad from Wolverhampton. The green-eyed boy finally managed to look up, glancing quickly at Mady, then to Liam.

Li only shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, I ask a lot of questions naturally. It was nothing that was meant to be taken oddly. You know what I mean?"

Mady nodded, but I could tell she was still a little wary as she did so. I looked over at her, and for a brief moment our eyes met. I could tell she was feeling a little shaky about the whole concept, though the feeling was mutual.

I didn't know whether to look away or keep staring, because I liked the way that our eyes met, but I didn't like the lack of conversation. As she looked in my eyes, it almost felt as if she was able to read my mind. I was worried she knew what I was thinking, and I felt I could understand how Mady was feeling as well.

Mady

"Hey? Mady? Are you even listening to me?" Liam waved a hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, what? Yeah," I lied, trying to sound as convincing as possible. Liam only crossed his arms over his chest in disbelief.

"Okay, then. What did I just say?" He asked, and unfortunately for me, it was enought to stump me for a while.

The truth was, I wasn't really paying attention to Li's response to my question, because I was so focused on looking into the blonde's eyes. I slid a strand of hair behind my ear, trying to avoid eye contact with the brown-eyed lad.

"Well? Are you going to answer me?" Liam repeated, appearing more agitated than before.

"Um," I looked down the the floor, then fixed my eyes back on the Irish boy.

"That's what I thought." Liam shook his head, his arms still folded over his chest as he turned to walk away. I looked over at Curly, shrugging my shoulders as if there was nothing I felt I needed to inform him.

Haz layed a restless hand on my shoulder, as if he was attempting to make me feel better. Right now, I feel I needed a stress reliever more than ever. Liam was pressuring me, trying to get myself involved with Niall; it was all so much work to get through. It was a good thing I had a friend like Hazza, because he was always there to offer me a shoulder to lean on when I needed it. And, it would be safe to say that now it one of those times when I need him there next to me the most.

"Thanks," I mumbled to Harry, and he only nodded. "But, I do have one question."

"What is it, love?" He asked, his arm still drapped over my shoulders as he spoke.

"Where exactly did Liam run off to?"

I watched as Harry exchanged looks with Niall, Zayn, and Louis. He only shrugged, as did the other boys that were still sitting here at the table. I would've imagined that the lads would be a little more worried about Li, considering that he was one of their very own bandmates. I wasn't in shock anymore once Nialler decided he would finally speak up.

"I'll go look for him," the blonde offered, standing up out of his chair and darting towards the other room.

As the room stayed silent, I could better hear the rumble of the thunder how hard the rain hit the window.

Niall

As I chased after one of my best friends, I stopped to catch my breath from running so much. As my heart rate slowed down a little bit, a strike of lightning flashed across the sky. Out in the distance, I noticed a brown-eyed boy standing in the rain.

Not believing my eyes, I ripped open the door and bolted outside after him. It only took one second to stand out there and be drenched with water, because the weather was truly terrible. It was raining so hard, my shirt was sticking to my skin and my blonde hair parted across my forehead. A few drops of water dripped off my hands as I suddenly caught up with Li, and now I was standing directly in front of him.

"Liam?" I asked, unsure of what I was seeing. "What are you doing out here in the rain?"

I crossed my arms over my chest, and I watched as Liam shivered from the cold. His brown eyes sparkled, and his face looked flushed from all the events going on. His brown hair was parted across his forehead, his bangs separated.

"I don't know. I guess I just got a little... agitated," he admitted, hugging his arms to himself from the cold.

"What? Why?" I wanted to know, hearing the thunder rumble once again.

"Because," he started, "you know I have feelings for Mady. And, when she was staring at you, I guess I got a little jealous. Not only that, but she was totally ignoring me as well. And... I happen to know something you might not.."

"Really? Then tell me!" I shook his shoulders, more anxious than ever for a reply.

"Okay, I don't know if you know this, but," he paused, as if trying to decide whether or not he truly wanted to talk. Though, either way, I was going to make him tell me. "Mady... has a huge crush on you."