she's sleepy

Taylor had just gotten home from tour a few hours ago. You knew she had to be exhausted, she looked exhausted, but she insisted on staying up for a few hours to spend time with you. You thought it was adorable and you were excited to spend some time with her.

You knew it was only a matter of time until it caught up with her and she could no longer fight it, and when you were on your second movie it seemed to hit her.

She got all cozy in your arms, acting as the small spoon because she missed you so much and all she wanted was for you to hold her. She had her head on your chest, her ear right over your heart to hear the beautiful beat and she eventually synced her heartbeat in tune with yours. 

She had a sleepy smile on her face that she couldn't wipe away. She was just so happy to be home with you again.

She thought she could push the sleep off, but no matter how much she fought with it, it seemed to catch up with her.

You looked down to find her eyes closed and you ran your fingers through her hair making her eyes flutter open and lock with yours.

"Hey pretty girl. Go to sleep, it's okay."

She shook her head and tried to hold back a yawn, failing as it slipped from her mouth.

"No. Wanna stay up with you and spend time with you." She mumbled, fighting so hard to keep her eyes open but she was quickly losing the fight.

"Taylor, you're home for a while now. We've got all the time in the world. You just get some sleep. I'll hold you the whole time."

She looked at you once more, grabbing your hand that was combing through her hair and tangling your fingers with hers.

"Love you y/n." She said before she fell asleep and you grinned, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"I love you too. I'm so happy you're home."