First night back from tour

You checked the clock again - 11:35pm. Taylor should be home any minute now. You're so excited to see her again. It's been 14 weeks since you last saw her face, held her in your arms, got to kiss her soft cheeks and lips, and tell her how much you love her - to her face, anyways. Nothing's ever the same over FaceTime. It's better than nothing, of course. But it's not the same and you've been counting down the days till she got back since the moment she left.

You bit your nails, something you don't do often, but it was a nervous habit of yours. You gasped when you heard a car door slam; the cab that had driven Taylor home was parked outside. Taylor grabbed her bags from the trunk before waving the cab off. She pulled her keys out of her pocket to let herself inside and you rushed over to the door, taking Taylor by surprise when you opened it. She stood there for a few seconds, just admiring how beautiful you look before reality struck her that she was actually home and she walked inside, throwing her bags on the ground as you jumped in her arms. Both of you giggled as she twirled you around, pressing kisses to your head as she muttered sweet words in your ear.

"I missed you. Oh my god, I missed you so much!" She mumbled against your hair, her voice soft but not nearly as soft as her lips that quickly touched yours. "I missed you too Tay. I'm so happy you're home!" You whispered against her lips before pulling away and grabbing her hand to lead her upstairs. The first thing she did when you finally entered the bedroom was collapse on to the bed. She sighed contently, happy to be back in the bed that was clearly too big and a little too cold for one person. You crawled on the bed next to her and she closed her eyes. You smoothed some hair away from her forehead, twirling a few of the strands around your fingertips. She opened her eyes and smiled at you, rubbing her thumbs over your cheeks. "Did you have fun on tour, baby?" You whispered, settling in bed next to her. "So much fun. I'll tell you about that tomorrow but for now I just want to hold you in my arms and go to sleep in a few minutes."

She opened up her arms for you and you crawled into them, your ear pressed right over her heart that was beating in sync with yours. "I missed you so much. You were on my mind the whole time. All I could think about was coming home to you. Don't get me wrong, I love touring and meeting the fans, but being away from you for so long is really hard." You turned your face to look at her, moving one of your hands to stroke her soft cheek. "I know. I missed you too. But you're home now and that's all that matters. Now get some rest Tay, try to sleep. We can talk more in the morning." She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. You did the same a few minutes later, finally feeling safe and content back in Taylor's arms again.