Someone leaks photos confirming your relationship (requested)

Taylor was panicking as soon as she read the headline. The story had just been published not even ten minutes ago, but her friends have been texting her about it from the moment they saw it and Taylor was freaking out.

The photos were everywhere. The ones she posted on her private personal instagram account that she created; the ones that only her closest friends and family members knew about. Her name wasn't even on the account just to take extra precautions. The media was going insane already. There's been months and months of speculation from the public that you've been dating, which you have been for nearly a year now.

You're a very private person and Taylor didn't wanna take that away from you just because she's in the public eye. So keeping your relationship private was exactly what Taylor wanted to do. Only her close friends and her family knew, and the same with all of yours. You wanted to release things on your own terms and you weren't ready for that yet, which Taylor understood completely and was supportive of that. She enjoyed the privacy you had when it came to your relationship - no questions from interviewers, no fans trying to get in to her business. It was refreshing.

But now all of that has been taken away. Someone leaked the photos, and what made it all worse was that she knew it had to be someone close to her, because that's all she'd allow to follow her private account.

You noticed that Taylor had gone quiet so you turned off the tv and cuddled up to her. "You okay baby?" She ran her hands over her face and sighed. She looked at you with teary and apologetic eyes. "Someone leaked them..." You knew what she was talking about right away, because you obviously knew about her private account and you followed it as well, but you never told anyone close to you about it.

"I'm so sorry y/n. Shit i'm so sorry. I should've been more careful." She blamed herself for taking your privacy away. That's all you've ever known, being able to have a private life, and Taylor never wanted to take that safety net from you, especially if you weren't ready for it. "Tay..." You whispered softly, rubbing her shoulder as she buried her face in her hands and started to sob.

"It's not your fault." She shook her head. "No, it is. Someone close to me must've leaked the photos. I should've known better, I should've been more careful." You pulled her in your arms and let her cry on your shoulder. "You couldn't have known, baby." She blew out a deep breath. "I know how important your privacy is to you, and baby doll, I care about you so much. this is all gonna get crazy, the story and the photos are gonna start to spread like wildfire. I don't want you to have to go through all this shit my career involves like the hate that the media is gonna send you or the unsupportive fans that are gonna be so hurtful towards you. I know you're more on the sensitive side, which you know I love, and I don't want these things or these people to hurt you. I don't want you to have your peace of mind stolen from you. This should've been confirmed on your terms, not by whoever leaked these pictures." 

You took her hands in yours and sighed. "Tay, baby, look at me." She lifted her head from your shoulder and looked at you with tears in her eyes. "This is not your fault. Don't you ever think that. And baby, this was gonna happen eventually right? I mean, in time we were gonna talk about it. I would've had to deal with these things in time." Taylor wiped her eyes and stared into yours for a few seconds before looking down at your intertwined hands. "Yeah but it should've been on our terms, my loves."

You smiled and cupped her soft cheek in your hands. "Then let's do it on our own terms." Taylor quirked an eyebrow at you. "What?" You giggled and kissed her cheek. "Let's put our heads together and figure out what to do next. We'll do it on our terms." Taylor smiled at you before pressing her lips to yours then resting her forehead against yours. "Okay."

It took you a few hours but you finally decided what you wanted to do. Taylor took a photo from her camera roll and decided to post it on her instagram - her public one. The picture was of you two kissing as she twirled you around in her arms both of you clearly passionate about the kiss and the love you have for each other was very much evident. You wrote the caption together and you even had one loaded up to post on your instagram as well. Taylor held your hand and kissed you softly, giving you one last look to make sure that this was what you really wanted. You nodded your head and watched as she hit the post button.

This is my girlfriend y/n. We've been dating for a while, almost a year now, and it's been the best year of my life. I know there's been a lot of speculation in the past about us but we wanted to keep things private for a while. I'm extremely protective of and very much in love with this amazing woman. She's the love of my life and I fall more and more in love with her everyday. I hope you'll be respectful and accepting of her and of our relationship, because I'm so in love with her and can't imagine my life without her.

Right away people started to like the post and for the first time, she left her comments open because she wanted to see the reaction from the fans. Her tags started to go crazy as well and most of them were supportive. There were a few negative comments or tags here and there, but they didn't bother either of you. Your instagram notifications were rolling in like crazy when you posted the same picture on your instagram just a couple minutes later.

But instead of watching all of that you both turned your phones off and curled up in each other's warm embraces. Taylor wrapped her arm around you and planted a few kisses to wherever her lips could touch. "I love you." She whispered, her heart feeling fuller than ever before and her shoulders feeling lighter without having to worry any longer. She realized then just how much she truly loves you. After all of this and seeing your reaction from it, she knew that you're the one. "I love you too, Taylor. So damn much."

Things were gonna change, but you weren't afraid because with Taylor by your side you know nothing will ever hurt you and she'll always keep you safe and make sure that you're happy, and you'll always do the same for her.