coming out - part one (requested)

You saw the girl across from you at the bar. She was laughing and telling bad jokes with the bartender who would obnoxiously laugh at everything she said.

You couldn't really explain it but something was telling you to go over to her and strike up a conversation with her. You didn't know why. You're never that straightforward or courageous enough to go and introduce yourself to someone. But there's something different, something special about this girl, and you need to get to know her better.

You got out of your chair and sat in the empty one next to her instead. She looked over at you and smiled... and it made your heart skip a beat. "Hi. I'm y/n." You said almost... nervously. Why were you feeling nervous? "Hey y/n. I'm Taylor. It's so nice to meet you." Her smile made your heart and you couldn't put your finger on why, but you felt it. You spent hours upon hours getting to know Taylor better. You didn't want it to stop. You wished the night would go on longer and time would just freeze, right here and right now. But it didn't, and eventually, the closing time for the bar came around. She gave you her number before she left, leaving you with a confused mind and shaky hands.

You saw her the next day. And the one after that, and the one after that, for months and months on end. Your nerves didn't go away. Instead, they only got worse and three months after meeting her was when you realized why.

You didn't sleep that night. You stayed up thinking. Probably a little too much. Everything suddenly made sense when you realized that you were gay. It made sense of why you were so nervous around Taylor. Because you have feelings for her. It was confusing and hard to accept at first because you didn't know how you'd ever tell anyone.

You paced the floor until the sun came up, and even after that. It wasn't until the sound of a knock on your apartment door broke you out of your daze. You opened the door to find Taylor standing there with two coffees and a couple of things for breakfast. "Good morning. I got you your favorite." She smiled and it didn't really help the situation.

But you gave her your best smile and stepped aside for her to come in. She saw the dark circles under your eyes right away. "Gosh, it's a good thing I got you your favorite coffee. You look like you haven't slept." She put her hand on your shoulder and you tried to ignore how your heart would beat faster and harder when she did. "Uh, yeah. I was up all night thinking." Taylor frowned at you. "All night? What caused you to stay up all night to just think?"

You sat on your couch and went to dig into the bagel she got for you when she sat down next to you and put her hand back on your shoulder. "Y/n talk to me. Tell me. Is something wrong? Did something happen?" You cleared your throat and tried to ignore the feeling of your hands sweating and your heart racing. "It's hard to say. I don't think I can tell you."

Taylor chuckled nervously. "What are you talking about? You can tell me anything." you couldn't look at her when you said it. You stuttered through the words. "I-I think... I'm gay." Taylor didn't say anything. She just pulled you in for a hug and rubbed your back. "There's nothing wrong with that, y/n."

Sure, you left out some important pieces, but you just weren't ready to tell her that yet. "Really?" She smiled and stroked your cheek. "Really. That's just fine. It doesn't change how I think of you." You smiled a little. "H-How do you think of me?" Taylor went silent, staring at you for a second before looking at her coffee cup. "Hey, uh do you wanna watch a movie or something?"

Your heart sank a little but you nodded and kept sipping on your coffee. You figured that Taylor not continuing with saying how she thought of you was her way of saying she didn't feel the same way, but that wasn't true.

The truth was that she didn't know how to tell you that she feels the same way, and she's been praying you'd say something like that to her from the moment you introduced yourself at the bar that night.