she helps you overcome your fear of swimming (requested)

Taylor held your hand as you walked on the sand together. The beach was quiet and only a couple of other people were there so it felt like you and Taylor were in your own little world. You stood away from the water, only allowing it to hit your feet.

You can't swim. You never learned how because your fear of swimming was too strong so you never bothered with even trying to learn. Taylor's always been so understanding and supportive of you, never pushing you to do things that make you feel uncomfortable in any way.

The water was really warm today and it felt really good on your skin. Taylor took a few steps out a little further but her hand was still in yours and she was careful not to go too far or to let go of your hand. "Taylor?" She looked at you when you said her name, a smile on her face when she saw how your eyes were lit up. "Can you help me?" Taylor walked back over to you with her hand still wrapped in yours. "Of course. What do you want help with babe?"

You looked out at the water before looking back at her. "Can you maybe help me overcome my fear of swimming? I know it's not gonna be a quick thing but I wanna learn. I don't wanna do it without you though and I only trust you to help me." Taylor rubbed her thumb over your hand and smiled at you. "I'd be happy to help you, my love. Okay so we'll take it slow. You wanna start today?" You nodded, squeezing her hand lightly and smiling when she squeezed yours back.

"Okay we'll just go a little at a time. Just keep your hand in mine and if it's too much, you let me know, okay?" She slowly moved back a couple of feet and you took a couple steps forward, sighing at how good the water felt. Your hands were a little shaky, the nerves bubbling up in your stomach as you took a few more steps until the water was up to your kneecaps. "You're doing a great job y/n. You can stop if you wanna. Don't push yourself."

You knew that Taylor wouldn't let anything happen to you, that she'd be right there with you to keep you safe the whole time and for the first time in your life, you didn't feel that nervous to go even deeper in the water. You took a couple more steps until the water was up to your thighs. "I don't think I can go any further today, Tay." Taylor gave your hand another squeeze. "That's totally fine y/n. We can do more another day." She moved to stand in front of you, her hands on your cheeks as she gazed in your eyes. "I'm so proud of you! You did such a great job." You giggled as she kissed your face. "Thanks Taylor. I feel really good."

She stroked your cheekbones. "I'm not nervous when i'm with you. You make me feel safe. You make me feel like i'm capable of doing anything i put my mind to." Taylor smiled and kissed you lovingly. "That's because you are safe with me and you are capable of doing whatever you want to. I'll be right by your side through it all."

You knew it would take some time, but as long as Taylor was with you you could do anything, include overcoming your greatest fear.