jump then fall (requested)

Taylor sat on her bed scribbling new lyrics down in her notebook. Her phone started to ring, pulling her out of her own little world. She saw your name on the screen and she was a little hesitant to answer at first.

You've been her best friend for a while, but she's also completely in love with you, and as much as she wants to tell you it's impossible, because of your boyfriend - Liam. Taylor can't stand Liam, and truth be told, he doesn't like her much either. She's felt like something has been off with him from day one and it killed her to watch you kiss this guy she knows isn't right for you; but you're happy, and that's all Taylor wants for you.

She listened to her phone ring another time before she answered it. She was met with the sound of you sobbing and instantly begging for her to come over. "Taylor please come over. Something happened and I need you." Taylor promised you she'd be over in ten minutes before hanging up. She grabbed her keys and wallet and rushed out to her car.

She drove as quickly as she could. When she got there she noticed you had left the door unlocked for her and she ran up to your room as fast as possible. She saw you laying in bed with your face buried in your pillows as your body shook from how hard you were sobbing.

She took off her shoes and got into bed with you. She put her hand on your back and started to rub small circles on your skin. "Y/n what happened? What's wrong?" You turned to face her and buried your face in her sweater. "You were right... about Liam. He cheated on me, Taylor. He's been cheating on me for four months out of the two years we've been together."

You kept crying as Taylor held you in her arms. "Oh y/n, i'm so sorry." "Why am I not good enough? I thought he loved me..." Taylor tilted your chin up and looked you in the eyes. "You are good enough
y/n. You're absolutely amazing. He made a huge mistake, that's his loss."

She wiped the tear that fell from your eye as she spoke. "I just want someone to love me." Taylor didn't think twice when she spoke the words she's wanted to say to you for so long now. "I do." You were taken by surprise, looking up at her with tears in your eyes. You scoffed and looked away from her making Taylor feel confused, and a little sad, thinking that you didn't feel the same way.

"You're just saying that to make me feel better." Taylor gently grabbed your chin and locked eyes with you. "No. I'm not. I mean it. I love you. I've loved you from day one, from the moment I laid eyes on you." She saw your lips tug up as a smile appeared on your face. "You mean that?" Taylor licked her dry lips and let her gaze travel down from your eyes to your soft lips. She didn't waste another second before pulling you in for a kiss; one she's waited so long to have.

Your lips were so soft and she felt like all the air from her lungs had disappeared. The kiss was better than she ever imagined it to be. All she could focus on was your mouth moving against hers as her fingertips trailed up and down your arms.

She pulled away slowly, looking into your eyes to gauge your reaction and she was relieved when you smiled at her. "I'm so sorry about Liam, but it's his loss, babe. You're beautiful and amazing, and he doesn't know what he's let go of. He's crazy to do what he did." You flashed her a small smile and tangled your fingers in her hair. "Taylor?" She hummed against your chest, her head resting over it while she listened to the sound of your heartbeat. "I love you too."

Taylor smiled against your skin. You felt it, and it made you smile too. "I'm so happy to hear you say that" she said as she pulled you in for another kiss.