"our forever home" (requested)

Taylor held your hand as you stepped inside the spacious apartment.

Taylor told you that she's been wanting to invest in getting a new apartment in NYC. Truthfully though, she's been looking for something for the two of you. She has a little checklist of all the things your future apartment has to have, because she's on the hunt for the one you two can settle down in.

"Do you think this one's too big?" She wrapped her arms around you and held you close to her. "Nah. I think it's perfect. It's big enough for a bunch of kids. Plus there's a playground nearby. Some pretty nice schools. I hear there's a really prestigious private school only a block away. I've heard that a lot of people that live around here send their kids there."

You sighed and stared out the window. All of the buildings that stood tall around you did look beautiful, the view was breathtaking, and the apartment itself was really nice. You just didn't know if it felt right. "I don't know, Tay. Are you sure that this is something you wanna invest in? I mean, it's nice, don't get me wrong. It's just really spacious." Taylor tried to ignore the little wave of sadness that came over her. She wasn't gonna push you into something that you didn't like or feel comfortable in, but she was really hoping that you'd like this one.

She took all of your comments and complaints into consideration. After all, whatever you like she wants it to be the place you ultimately settle down in, so everything that you liked and disliked were all in the back of her mind. "If you don't like this one I know a perfect house that I think you really would love." The real estate agent said and you looked back at Taylor.

"Yeah, let's go see that one." Taylor put her hand on your back and walked out of the apartment, ready to look at the next place.

As soon as you stepped inside this one you were in awe. It was absolutely stunning. Everything about it was just gorgeous. The lights and chandeliers that were hanging from the ceiling and the marble countertops made you light up. "Taylor you should invest in this one! It's beautiful." Taylor watched as you looked around fascinated by every part of this house. When she noticed how in love you were with the place she knew it was the one.

She could see it all; she could see the future she hopes you'll have together. She saw herself carrying you through that front door after you got married and she could see you both growing old together, surrounded by a bunch of kids that you'll have together, and a few cats too. She saw it all. She knew it was time. "This is the one." She said as she wrapped her arms back around you. "Perfect. I'll have you fill out some paperwork and then it's yours."

It was a few weeks later when Taylor brought you back to the house. You waited all day for her to get home from the studio, where you thought she was that day. "Come on. Let me show you what i'm gonna invest in." She smiled as she took your hand and led you to the front door.

All the lights in the house were off. It was dark but it was warm and it felt cozy. "I'm gonna put my hands over your eyes until we get inside, okay? Just trust me. I've got you." She carefully led you inside and closed the door. "Okay. Ready?" She turned the light on, adjusting it so it was dimmed instead of bright. She took her hands away from your eyes and backed up a bit, while you took a look at what she did.

There were rose petals along the stairs and the floor. Candles were lit making everything look so romantic. You turned around and saw Taylor down on one knee and tears immediately formed in your eyes. "I love you so much." Taylor said, her voice cracking as she bit down on her lip to hold back her tears. "I told you that I was investing in something... I was investing in us. In our future. Getting to love you is the best thing i've ever done, and I wanna do it everyday for the rest of our lives. As soon as you said that you love this place I knew it was the one. I want this to be the place where we have a family together and we grow old together. I want the spend the rest of my life with you. Y/n? Will you marry me?"

The tears were streaming down your cheeks. She opened the box to show you the most gorgeous ring you've ever seen. "Yes." It was all you could manage to say through your tears. She stood up and slid the ring on your finger with shaky hands. "I love you" she pulled you in for a kiss, tears starting to fall from her eyes. "I love you too. I can't wait to marry you, Tay."

She took you by the hand and led you to the living room where the fireplace was lit and a cute little candlelight dinner was waiting for you. "You didn't go to the studio today, did you?" She shook her head and sat down next to you. She kept her right hand in your left one. Her fingers kept brushing over the ring that was on your finger as she whispered soft 'I love you's' in your ear while she kissed your neck and made promises of the future you were gonna have together in your new forever home.

And after dinner, she played your favorite song as she twirled you around in the living room. "I can't believe we get to do this for the rest of our lives. I'm so in love with you y/n." You kissed her cheek and giggled as she twirled you around in her arms again. "I love you more than words can say, Taylor. I can't wait to be your wife." Taylor rested her chin on your head. One hand was on your hip, the other was intertwined with yours. Her wife. You're gonna be her wife. She's never felt so happy in her life, and she knows that there's so many more amazing moments that were gonna be taking place here in your home, and she couldn't wait.