you're pregnant and Carter is really excited about it (requested)

You tried to fight the nauseous feeling that was creeping up your throat. You've been through this once before but it was a few years ago, and this time around it was Taylor's, and you're thrilled about it.

Taylor is too, but no one could possibly be as excited as Carter. You just got done at the doctor's and both Taylor and Carter came along with you to the appointment today. It's all going perfectly so far and to celebrate Taylor wanted to take the four of you to lunch.

It's barely noticeable that you're pregnant, but you and Taylor have announced it to the world already so you didn't have to worry about having to hide anything it all.

Carter's so excited to be a big brother. He's been throwing out suggestions for names and has been talking about all the things he wants to do with the baby when they're old enough.

You swallowed the nausea back and blew out a few heavy breaths. Taylor rubbed your back when she saw how pale you had gone. "You okay?" She whispered, trying not to startle Carter. The nausea started to go away and you nodded your head, smiling as Taylor rubbed her hand across your stomach. She's so amazed by you and by everything that these next few months will hold.

"Mommy?" You lifted your head when you heard Carter's voice. "Yeah honey?" He was smiling at you from ear to ear as he leaned his head on your shoulder. "Do you think they'll like cartoons?" You laughed and ran your hand through his hair. "Oh yeah, absolutely buddy." Taylor smiled as she watched you and Carter. "Good. I wanna show them all of my favorite ones! I wanna play games with them and show them how to color. I want them to know I love them very much."

Your emotions got the best of you and tears started to stream down your cheeks. Carter frowned as he looked at Taylor with fear in his normally bright eyes. He was very sensitive and very quick at picking up your emotions, and whenever he saw you cry he'd often cry with you, worried that you were hurt and sad that you're sad. He put his little hand on your shoulder and you smiled at him through your tears. "I love you." You kissed his head and told him that you love him too.

He'd often tell you that he loves you when he thinks or notices that you're sad. It was like an instinct. Those three words always brought a smile to your face and he picked up on that very early on, so that was what he'd do every time you'd cry - he'd tell you he loves you, because he does, very much, and that always made you smile. "You're gonna be the best big brother ever." Taylor told him as she tickled his side making little giggles leave his lips. "I can't wait! The baby should come now!" You and Taylor both laughed. "In a few months buddy, not too much longer. I promise."

Carter grinned and continued to eat his lunch. When you all finished Taylor had the idea of going to the store just to browse around a little. She didn't want to buy anything quite yet, because you don't even know what you're having yet, but she was counting down the weeks until you could finally find out and she was making note of all the things she wanted to buy that same day.

Carter was fascinated by all of it. Though he was still so young, he was in disbelief that he once fit in all those tiny clothes. He pointed out all the things he'd like the baby to have, making it fair by pointing to both girl and boy things, but you did notice he was pointing to the little girl stuff a bit more. "I think someone's hoping for a little sister." Taylor mentioned and Carter turned his head, smiling at her and nodding his head. "Yeah!" Taylor smiled and looked over at you, watching as you looked through some clothes. "Wanna know something?" She whispered to Carter and he grinned, excitedly nodding his head. "I would love for you to have a little sister, but I just hope that this baby turns out to be just like you. I hope they get your big heart and how much you love life, so early on. With a big brother like you there's no doubt in my mind that they're gonna be absolutely amazing."

Carter threw his arms around Taylor's neck and beamed with happiness. "I'm gonna be the best big brother. I promise." Taylor rubbed his back and kissed his head. "I know you will be, buddy."

This was her little family; you, Carter, and the tiny life that you finally made together. She knew she was the happiest and the luckiest person on earth to have all of you, and she thanked her lucky stars for all of you every single day.