when I was your man - song pref (requested)

Changed the pronouns in some of the lyrics for obvious reasons ❤️

———

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now

Taylor rubbed her eyes and sighed. Another morning. She doesn't really look forward to the days like she used to. She looked at the spot you used to sleep next to her. It was empty and cold. She hates how much bigger it feels without you there now. She wanted to lay in bed and reminisce when you used to lay there together; the mornings she woke up earlier than you and she'd stare at you and just watch you breathe.

But it seemed that those days were long gone now.

when our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down 'cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

"Hey did you hear about y/n?" Her friend asked the rest of the group. Taylor's head shot up when she heard your name. She felt her heart drop a little when all her friends nodded. "Y/n? What about
y/n?" Her friends looked at her with wide eyes.
"Y-You didn't know?" Taylor shook her head. "She was spotted out with another girl."

Tears blurred her vision. She wiped them away before looking back at her friends. "Are you sure?" They all looked at each other then back at her. "Yeah. We're so sorry, Taylor." She sniffled and started to cry. Her friends embraced her in a hug, trying to calm her down and bring her some comfort, but it was no use. She knew then that she really has lost you.

I should've bought you flowers, I should've held your hand. Should have gave you all my hours when I had the chance. Take you to every party, 'cause all you wanted to do was dance. Now my baby's dancing, but she's dancing with another woman.

She saw the pictures of the two of you across twitter. You look so happy with that girl you were photographed with. The pictures showed her buying you flowers, holding your hand as you danced to whatever song was playing. She saw people looking at you both, she figured it was because you were dancing in the middle of a farmers market crowd, but you were having the time of your lives regardless. You weren't paying any attention to the haters and naysayers. You didn't care. That was typical of you; to never care what others think of you and do whatever it is that you want regardless of what anyone else thinks. She wished she would've done all those things with you when she had the chance. That's what you deserved.

Although it hurts I'll be the first to say that I was wrong. I know I'm probably much too late to try and apologize for my mistakes but I just want you to know.

She held her phone with shaky hands. She had tears in her eyes as she read the message she typed out to you, over and over again.

I know I was wrong. I'm sorry it took me so long to admit that. I should've been able to do it way sooner but my pride got in the way. I just want to tell you that I'm sorry. That's something else I should've said sooner, but I mean it. I promise. I'm so sorry. I know I'm too late to try to apologize since you're clearly moving on, and that's okay. I'm happy for you. I want you to know that I really am happy for you. I'm happy you've found someone who does all those things with you that I should've done all along. I'm happy that you're happy. I hope she keeps buying you flowers and holding your hand and gives you all her time when she has the chance. I hope she keeps dancing with you, 'cause I remember how much you love to dance. I miss you. I'll always love you. I hope she keeps treating you this way. The way you've always deserved to be treated. I'm sorry that I didn't treat you that way.

She hit the send button and put her phone under her pillow. She rolled on her side and began to cry as she basked in the regret she felt for not doing all these things with you all along. It was hard, to know and accept that if she had done all those things you'd still be right by her side right now. She knows you're happy, but she wished that it was her that you were happy with.