a family member commits suicide (requested)

A/N:This chapter contains very sensitive topics. Please read cautiously.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

You sat on Taylor's lap crying into her sweater. You just got news that your aunt passed away. It was a hard blow; a stab to your heart. You're very close with your aunt so this news was absolutely devastating.

Taylor kept holding you close as you cried. No words were being said, but she knew she didn't need to say anything. In a time like this she knew all you needed was for her to be there with you; for her to hold you and let you cry everything out. She knows that you know she's there if you need anything, but she wouldn't push you in to talking about everything until you were ready.

A knock at the door made you quickly lift your head. You looked at Taylor with tears in your eyes and she planted a kiss to your forehead, setting you on the couch before walking to the door. Your dad was standing there in tears, choking on his sobs. Taylor didn't ask any questions, just stepping aside for him to come in. You got up from the couch and ran over to him. You cried together for a moment while Taylor stood to the side trying to fight back her own tears.

"Y/n, honey, we need to talk." Your dad mumbled against your hair and you nodded. "You should sit down sweetheart." He looked over at Taylor who walked over to you and put her hand on the small of your back, guiding you to the couch and letting you sit back on her lap while your dad sat next to you. "This is really hard for me to say..." your dad paused and took a deep breath. "Your aunt... committed suicide."

Your heart dropped. You shook your head and started to cry again. "No." You whimpered, sobbing and clinging to Taylor once again. Your dad was crying with you, watching you and Taylor for a minute before he kissed your head. He muttered something about calling you in a few hours before walking out before his emotions got the best of him.

Taylor wrapped her arms around your back and let you cry in to her neck. Your tears hit her skin and before she could stop it, she was crying with you. "Tay?" You whimpered and Taylor rubbed your back soothingly. "Yeah, darling?" "Can you sing to me?"

You were afraid it might've sounded silly, but Taylor's voice was always so comforting for you and that's all you needed right now; you didn't need her to make comforting promises with her words or to have all the answers, but rather for her to hold you and sing to you.

She started to sing one of your favorite songs in your ear. One that your aunt would sing to you sometimes. It was her favorite song and Taylor singing it to you brought you an extreme amount of comfort. Her voice in your ear making you feel safe as she sang to you and rubbed your back, promising you that she was right there with you and she would always be.

Your heart felt a little warmer. Even though it was tragic to lose her, you found a little comfort in knowing she was in a much happier place now. A place that she deserved to be after all she's been through. You know it's gonna be hard to recover from this loss and it will take some time, but you know Taylor will be there with you through it all, and with her by your side you know you'll be alright, in time.