she forgets about a date

Not one single phone call. Not a single text. Not a single apology or an explanation. Tonight was so important to you. You made a special dinner for you and Taylor because she was supposed to be coming home early tonight so you could spend the evening together.

You stared at the plates of food that you spent over an hour cooking. You cooked her favorite, thinking she'd enjoy it, but she wasn't home to do so. It would be different if she would've told you. If she would've given you a little nervous. Sure, you'd be a little hurt but you'd forgive her because then she would've given you some kind of notice. But instead, there was nothing and the more you checked your phone, hoping and praying there would be something, was devastating.

You've always been understanding of Taylor's job and obligations but tonight was different. This was your night together. You've had it planned out for a few days now and still, she wasn't here. You got tired of waiting and eventually got up to throw all the food away before storming upstairs and collapsing on the bed in tears. You felt heartbroken. This is so out of the ordinary for Taylor to do which only made it hurt more.

You heard the front door shut before footsteps approached the bedroom. You sat up and wiped away your tears. Taylor entered the bedroom. She was humming softly, something that would normally make you smile but tonight you were too upset to smile. "Where have you been?" Taylor jumped when she heard your voice and frowned when she saw how upset you looked. "You didn't answer my question. Where have you been?" Taylor approached you but you only moved further away from her. "Do you know how long I sat and waited for you? I cooked your favorite food and everything for you. Tonight was supposed to be our night and you completely forgot about it. About me." You tried to hold back the tears but you couldn't.

Taylor muttered a few curse words under her breath before she reached for your hand. "I'm sorry. Shit. I'm so sorry y/n. You know I would never do this on purpose. I just got caught up with a couple things in the studio but that's no excuse because I promised you and I told you I'd never break a promise to you. I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry. Please don't be mad at me. I'll make it up to you, I promise." She had tears running down her face when she finished talking and as broken-hearted as you were, you couldn't stand to see her cry.

You closed the space between the two of you, moving to her lap to wipe the tears from her eyes and cheeks, pressing your lips against her temple as you both sniffled. Her bottom lip was trembling and it was upsetting to see her like that. "Hey shh, It's alright. I'm still hurt but I forgive you. It's okay." She panted and wrapped her arms around your back. She placed her head on your shoulder and kissed your skin as she mumbled apologies quietly. "I love you. I'm gonna make this up to you. You and me tomorrow, a lazy day in bed in our pajamas while we cuddle all day long. I'm cooking dinner, I'm gonna make your favorite." You chuckled and kissed her cheek, laying back on the bed and pulling her down next to you. "Just so you know Taylor, I love you a lot - too damn much to ever stay mad at you for long." She giggled and ran her fingers through your hair. "I'm so lucky."