sleep paralysis (requested)

A simple nap was all you wanted. Sleep has been such a challenge for you lately, mostly because you struggle with sleep paralysis and it's absolutely terrifying. Some nights you don't sleep at all because you don't want to experience it. Like last night.

But your lack of sleep caught up to you today and you fell asleep, but of course you didn't stay asleep for long. Your eyes shot open and you couldn't move. You saw a figure in the distance and it was starting to come closer to you. You wanted to move but you couldn't. You prayed it would be over soon. You tried to convince yourself that it's not real but it kept getting closer and closer and the logical side of your brain quickly got lost to the fear you felt.

The door opened and Taylor walked in. She thought you'd be upstairs watching a movie or something, but she was horrified to see you laying on the couch with your eyes wide open. She ran over to you and gently shook your shoulder. "Y/n? Y/n wake up. Wake up, darling, c'mon. It's not real, baby. Wake up, beautiful girl, c'mon."

You felt a pressure on your chest before it all disappeared and you sat up, gasping for air as tears fell from your eyes. "Shh, it's okay, i'm here. I've got you y/n. You're safe now, I promise." You put your arms around her back and she did the same with you, pulling you as close to her as she could. She rubbed your back and comforted you the best she could.

"Tell me what happened." Taylor whispered, brushing your hair that was sticking to your forehead away, placing kiss after kiss along your face. "I saw a dark figure. I don't know what it was. It didn't seem human-like. It kept getting closer and closer until it was right in front of me. Then I felt a lot of pressure on my chest, like something was stopping me from breathing. Then I woke up." You sniffled and Taylor wiped your tears away. "I'm so tired, Taylor. I just wanna sleep but I'm too scared."

She brought you forward and let you nuzzle your face in her shirt. "I know. I know you, darling. We're gonna get you some help, okay? We'll visit a sleep specialist and i'll be with you every step of the way." You nodded your head, not really wanting to do that but you know that you need to.

You know as long as Taylor will be right by your side, you'll be able to get through it.