she walks in on you protecting your brother from your dad (requested)

A/N: putting a little trigger warning here ⚠️ there are some mentions of abuse in this chapter. Please don't read this if that topic makes you uncomfortable. 💕

———————————

Taylor has always admired how strong you are. You've always taken care of your young brother who has lived with you since you moved out a few years ago. You never felt ready to tell Taylor the full story as to why he lives with you and Taylor understood that. All Taylor knew was that your dad has a few issues that he's never worked out which made him lash out easily.

You had this date night planned with Taylor for a few days now. She'd come home to your house and you'd order some pizza and watch a movie together. But she didn't expect to walk in on the most terrifying thing she's ever seen. She saw a car in your driveway that she's never seen before. Thinking it was just a friend of yours that maybe decided to show up unannounced made her not think to knock and she instead just walked in.

Her heart dropped when she saw a man cornering you, your little brother behind you with his hands on your shoulders and both of you were crying. "Dad you need to go!" It occurred to her then that it was your dad, her heart hammering in her chest as she realized that something was really wrong. Your dad raised up his fist but before he could do anything, Taylor called your name making your dad freeze. "Y/n? Are you okay?"

Your dad looked at Taylor and pointed towards the door. "You need to go. This is between me and my kids." Taylor shook her head. She wasn't afraid of your dad hurting her, just of him hurting you or your little brother. "No. That's my girlfriend and I'm staying here. Now you heard her! You need to leave." Taylor was as calm as can be leaving your dad confused. He shook his head at hr, moving his fist again but once again, Taylor stepped in. This time she ran over to you, stepping in front of you making your dad hit her instead of you.

It was enough of a distraction to your dad which gave you the opportunity to tell your brother to upstairs to your room, to lock the door behind him and to call the cops. He did as you said, running as fast as his little legs could carry him. You heard your bedroom door slam and you felt relieved that your brother was now out of harms way.

You knelt down on the floor next to Taylor, running your hand softly over where your dad had hit her. You were furious, getting up and standing up to your dad once and for all. "get out of my house. I'm not afraid of you anymore." He stood there in front of you, a little confused, until the door flew open and two cops came inside.

Once everything had calmed down and they hauled your dad away, you went upstairs to your bedroom with Taylor following behind you. Your little brother was in his bed asleep across the hallway. You led Taylor into the bathroom and had her sit on the toilet seat, your hand gently touching the bruise on her face. She winced and tears formed in your eyes. Taylor cupped your cheeks in her hands. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. I'm so sorry you got hurt." She shook her head and pulled you down in front of her. "It's okay. I'm fine baby, I promise. I'm just happy you or your brother didn't get hurt."

You grabbed the first aid kit from the cupboard and ran a cloth across her cheek making her wince again. "Sorry." She shook her head, grabbing your free hand in yours and lacing your fingers together. Once she was all cleaned up she kissed you softly and smiled at you. "Everything's okay now darling." You nodded your head and kissed her again before leading her back to your bedroom where you went on with your plans for the night; you ordered a pizza and watched your favorite movie together, all while being cuddled up to your favorite person.