ruined proposal

You giggled as Taylor strummed her guitar, playing the new song she wrote for you that she just couldn't wait for you to hear. She set the guitar back down and reached for your hand, smiling as you carefully moved to sit down next to her.

Taylor suggested going on a nice boat ride together tonight and you were hesitant at first, but you trust Taylor and you know nothing would ever hurt you when she's with you. Throughout the night you've been noticing things that pointed to her being a little nervous; like the way her hands kept shaking or how she twirled her hair around her fingers, little nervous habits that she has.

"Are you okay Taylor?" She nodded her head, swallowing thickly and taking a shaky breath. "Yeah, i'm fine. Why?" You ran your thumb over her knuckles. "Your hands are shaking. Is something on your mind?" She stared at you for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and letting go of your hands to reach inside the pocket of her hoodie. She pulled out a little black velvet box and you felt your heart race.

Everything was going according to plan so far. Taylor tried to remember the little speech she's been preparing for weeks now, but her heart dropped when the boat hit something and Taylor dropped the box in the water. She screamed, muttering every curse word she knew as she tugged on her hair. She turned back to you and saw you staring at her with wide eyes. "Shit, y/n, i'm so sorry."

She carefully moved back over to you and reached out to grab your hands. "W-Was that a ring?" Taylor noded, looking down at her bare feet as she sighed heavily, a tear falling from her eye at the thought that she might've just ruined everything. "So much for the perfect proposal" she mumbled under her breath, still looking at her feet. "Yes." She frowned, looking up at you a little confused. "What?" "Yes. I'll marry you." She chuckled nervously. "But I didn't get to ask you. you don't have a ring right now."

You giggled at her and shook your head. "So what? I don't need a ring right now. The answer is still yes." Tears fell from Taylor's eyes and she looped her arms around your neck. "I am gonna get you another ring though." You both laughed and she rested her head on your shoulder as she muttered about how sorry she is for dropping the ring, how she was gonna get you whatever ring your heart desires, and how in love with you she truly is.