Chapter 45

No ones P.O.V

Samantha's breathing began to become slower and she was slowly losing her consciousness. This was too much for her. Her water breaking and Elijah being there at the same time. Her eyes began to roll back and Elijah quickly rushed to her side as she was about to drop.
"How was he able to get in without invitation?" Kol asks.
"It's cause he's the father." Valentina says.
"What are you doing here brother!" Kol shouts.
"I could ask you the same thing." Elijah says. He was kneeled beside Samantha while facing Kol.
"She was perfectly fine before you came here." Kol says.

Elijah just looked at her. "Why didn't she tell me!" Elijah shouts while a tear dropped from his eyes. They all stood quiet. "Why didn't you tell me brother." Elijah says. Kol looked guilty. Eeriness cling onto the atmosphere."She didn't want you to know that's why." Valentina says breaking up the silence. It was so so silent and tense that only a knife could cut through it.
Elijah understood why she didn't want him to know and a pang of pain hit his heart.
"Was she or you ever planning to tell me at all." Elijah says.

"Marcel and I was going to tell you soon." Kol says. Elijah's eyes widened up.
"Wait!Marcel knows!" Elijah shouts standing up.
"Excuse me, do you mind quieting down because we've got a woman that's about to give birth to not even one but two babies. And the last thing she needs is the baby daddy acting like a mess and shouting the damn room off." Valentina says.
"She's having twins, Marcel knew and I.. I didn't." Elijah says breaking down, his voice was also breaking down.
"Who else knows?" Elijah whispers wiping the tears from his eyes.

"The whole Mystic Falls gang." Kol answers honestly. Valentina stares at him. Kol soon closed his mouth. Samantha's eyes began to flutter open. She sat up and looked at her surroundings. It felt like a bad dream that he was here.
"How... how are you feeling." Elijah begins.
Samantha gave him the death stare. She just groaned instead as an answer.
"I don't think she wants to talk right now." Valentina says.
"Shit!" Samantha mumbles. Elijah gets her up and puts her on the couch.
"You can leave." Samantha says.
"As much as you don't want me here, I'm going to stay here." Elijah says.

"Don't you have Hayley to get back to." Samantha says, raising up her eyebrow.
"This conversation is not about Hayley. The real source of this conversation is why you didn't tell me." Elijah says.
"I have my reasons." Samantha says, Kol and Valentina began to exit the house and drive off, leaving Elijah and Samantha alone.
"Well do you mind elaborating those reasons." Elijah says.
"No." Samantha replies. Elijah's frustration begins to show as he puts his hand behind his head.
"God, Samantha why do you have to be so stubborn. I feel like crap right now because everyone else knew and I didn't. I need a goddam reason why!" Elijah bellows.

"Well you know why Elijah?" Samantha retorts holding her bump for composure.
"You're always so concerned about Hayley and he pregnancy and I knew you wouldn't care for me or the babies because you would be so focused on Hayley. Also you've already left my life and that should remain permanent. The last thing I need is when I'm with my kids and one day 'daddy leaves a letter' on their bed. I know you're priorities Elijah. You would rather die for Hayley and her child than me with your children." Samantha says.

Elijah stood there silent, bewildered from what she said.
"Exactly. You're silent, my point proven." Samatha says. She stands up but feels pain in her lower abdomen forcing her to sit back down.
"We should probably get to the hospital." Elijah says. He goes to Samantha side to help her up. The door swung open and Valentina and Kol came back.
"I guess you guys made up." Kol says.
"That's not the case." Samantha replies. Holding Elijah for support they made it into the car and it wasn't long until they began to drive off.

———————————————————————

"How are you Freya?" Rebekah says, talking to an non responsive coffin. She  was about to lift up the coffin but got blown back into her bed.
"Bloody hell." Rebekah says.

The next day, Rebekah spotted Claire sitting to a dirty blonde woman. 'She must be new' Rebekah thought to herself.
"Claire." Rebekah begins, Claire diverts her attention from the cartoon show to her.
"Yes Eva." She says, Rebekah rolls her eyes getting fed up with that name.
"Why don't we escape tonight?" Rebekah says.
"I don't think that's a good idea, plus we'll be caught." Claire says.
"No we won't because we're going to meet really early at the door." Rebekah says.

The dirty blonde girl was biting her apple, watching the show but paying attention to every word they were saying. She smiled to herself before biting her Apple again.
"What time should we meet then?" Claire asks.
"3 am at the door." Rebekah says while smiling. Claire smiles back. At the moment the strange woman bursted our laughing.
"What's funny?" Rebekah asks.
"This show, it's funny how the small mouse is the one hurting the big cat." She says while continuing to laugh.

It was 2:55 am and Rebekah was at the door waiting for Claire to come. 2:58 am no sign of Claire. "Where is this girl?" Rebekah thinks to herself. It was now 3am and still no sign of Claire.
"What do you think you're doing?" A voice says, Rebekah turns around and sees that it's the members of the Cottage. In front of them stood Claire.
"She was planning to escape." Claire tells them.
Rebekah waves her hand in attempt to do some magic but it failed terribly.

The members got her hand and bent it backwards causing Rebekah to scream in pain. Then sharpness pierced through her flesh.
"I told you, you can't escape." Claire says.