(5) Time to love

Jung Sowon

The next morning i called inha over. I heard her knock.

"What took you so long?" I opened the door.

"Why did you change your code?"

"Lets talk there." I went to the sofa.

"So how did your date go?" She smiled excitingly.

"Horrible, i guess yours went well?"

"Youre not so good in dating." She shaked her head.

"I know, lets brush that aside for now. Lets talk about how did this happen." She nodded.

"I think its magic?"

"Dont you think theyre just doing a variety show? Or a social experiment? Or a prank!" I said being reasonable.

"Why the two of us then? Clearly there are more dedicated fans out there more than us, more than me." She eyed me. I may not be the most dedicated fan ever like inha is.

"You got a point. Okay lets say it is magic like you say so, why would this happen all of a sudden?" I asked.

"I know!" She stood up. "Its the glass ball that ahjumma gave us." She widen her eyes.

"Do you really think thats it?"

"Well, she said it grants wishes plus we both wished for it. How could a wish be granted both at the same time?" She shrugged.

"Lets say this really was a wish, how long will it last?"

"Forever i guess?" She sat down.

"Youre too optimistic, arent you weirded out that they appear suddenly? What if they just disappear all of a sudden."

"I am weirded out but im too excited i guess." She pouted.

"Inha listen, we should at least think about it. We cant just fall in love just like that because were not sure if they'll still be here tomorrow." She nodded.

"Youre right, i tried asking chan how we first met, and its just like how i told you. He told me it was love at first sight in a coffee shop." She bit her lip. "What about you did you ask lee know?" She looked at me.

"I couldnt even talk directly at him." I sighed. I told inha what happened yesterday.

"Im ashamed to be your friend." I groaned even more. "Let me point out what you did wrong." She stared right into me. "First, you shouldve hugged him if you didnt want to hold his hand when he picked you up, second you should just make casual conversation with him like you just seen an old friend. Third, you should always be close to him when youre watching a movie better yet cuddle." She chuckled.

"I cant do that, were not close."

"Wrong! You two are very close youre in a relationship remember? Besides you dont watch a movie like that, even you and i dont watch like that."

"I dont know how to do those kind of things with a guy." I answered.

"Dont you watch movies or dramas? You should know plenty. Just pretend and enjoy it. Pretty soon you wont be pretending anymore and you'll be more compliant about it."

"You make it sound so easy. Theres something i didnt tell you." I fidgeted with my fingers.

"What?"

"He kissed me."

"Really? Did you enjoy it? Did youre heart exploded? Did you kiss him back? How did he do it?" She was so excited.