(31) Beautiful Pain

Song Inha

Weve continued on. Sowon and i avoided watching and listening to stray kids until were completely fine. We just didnt want to dwell on sadness.

We kept the shattered pieces in a small bag, but as days passed by it turned smaller and smaller becoming dust, then nothing.

It was obvious that they forgot about us and our existence, we even tried staying outside JYP. We hang around coffee shops near their company hoping to bump into them. We hoped that they didn't forget about us but instead didn't know how to find and contact us. But i actually bumped into Hyunjin and Jisung once and they didn't recognize me. How did i know? Because i pretended to act familiar. It was embarrassing.

Sowon continued to study a lot harder. It was only us who remembered, even sowon's family never remembered bringing minho over. No trace of them were ever left. Pictures, gifts and clothes, even the ones we bought. Like it was all just a dream everything disappeared when we woke up.

Crying did become a routine for a while but it burned us out. We got tired of being sad. We did know that this would happen, we were ready for it but it still hurts like hell.

It actually hurts to see them being happy and alive and being clueless in everything. Sometimes we envy them how easy it was for them to forget. But then again it wasnt their fault they were dragged in this whole situation. It was us. It was me who did it.
.
.
.
.

...

Jung Sowon

Its actually almost a year now. Were on our last year in college now.

Were at the Han river,Sitting on the bench.

"Did you watch there live last night?" Inha asked.

"Yeah, they looked healthy and happy. Im glad."

"Uh huh. Changbin and felix were extra clingy." Inha chuckled.

"Minsung is sailing." I added.

"Ooh i think so too." We laughed for a while.

"Do you still get sad when you remember him?" I suddenly asked.

"Honestly speaking yes, but i guess ill never regret wishing for it. I did become happy because of him even just for a while."

"Youre right, no matter how painful it is i still end up thinking about minho. But its not as painful as it was. I just remember and i could still feel him."

"We'll move on eventually." She chuckled.

"Its still beautiful, he taught me a lot of things and changed me. He might not remember it but im thankful i met him."

"So you're saying you're not afraid of falling in love anymore?"

"I guess you can say that. If it wasnt for him i wouldn't learn how to take chances and risks in life. But im not in a rush to fall in love again, i want to be completely fine before giving myself to someone. I have to give him my full love."

"Youre right, thats what i think so too. Im not closing doors but im just recovering and accepting the truth everyday." I nodded.

"It still hurts how much i miss him. But i guess he wasnt meant to be mine since the beginning, he was just there to help me out by loving me." I smiled bitterly.

"Minho did help you a lot, youve become more positive and more open to the world." Inha chuckled.

"I know." I laughed.

"Chan, he made me feel complete actually. Lets face facts im not afraid of falling in love, its just that the right guy never came. I thought jiyoung was that guy but i felt like im in debt to him. And chan he made me feel different. He felt like family to me."

I couldnt speak, i didnt know what to say.

"Im crazy right? Thinking chan is the one..." she wiped a tear.

"Of course not, you know we'll never know. If you guys were really met for each other, you'll cross paths again someday."

"Maybe."

"But i dont want you to hope too much inha, dont hurt yourself but just keep healing yourself slowly."

"I know, i just cant help it sometimes."

"Believe me i know. We just have to be strong."

"Enough sad thoughts, whats the latest news about your internship?"

"They havent told me anything yet, they just told me im one of the lucky few who had been chosen for the internship."

"Youre such a genius! But are you gonna leave me though?" Inha pouted.

"Im not sure but a friend told me we'll be going abroad." I shrugged.

"For how long?" Inha turned sad.

"3 months? But it could be longer or shorter than that." She didnt speak. "Dont worry, ill call you everyday. 3 months is just a short time, you wont even feel it."

"Will i survive without you? I might get sad again."

"Now, how can i leave if you'll be like that." She sighed.

"Im sorry, im happy for you im gonna miss you."

"Youll have to be good while im gone okay?"

"Yes sir! And sowon, you must promise me you wont have any other best friend other than me." She pointed her finger at my face.

"Do you even have to tell me that?" She smiled. "I already replaced you." I added.

"Yah." She slapped my arm.

"Kidding. Kidding. Youre so violent." I laughed.

"What about you? I hear youre gonna be the head of your exhibit project?"

"Its stressing me out. I feel a lot of responsibility is coming my way." She groaned.

"When are you guys doing it? I hope id still be around when it happens."

"You should be. Where actually starting already, planning out everything."

"Its gonna take some time to prepare and make an exhibit. Maybe ill be back by then."

"It might take us a month or two, its not that big, i really do hope youre there to see it. Its gonna be amazing!"

"If its you then it probably will be." I nudge her shoulder.

"Thanks for the booster." She rolled her eyes.

"Im trying to compliment you? A thank you would be nice."

"Youre telling the truth so its a fact more than a compliment." I threatened to hit her arm. "Thank you jung sowon." She added quickly.

We stopped playing around and calmed
Down.

"Hey, were gonna be okay. Trust me." Inha nodded and rested her head on my shoulder.

Everything will turn out fine in the end. We'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out.