(20) Shine

Jung Sowon

Another week passed by,We went to hyunjin's place to hang out. It feels nostalgic being here again, it sad to think that it isnt like before though. Hyunjin's house changed, the wallpaper was different and the decorations were new this time.

We were making our way to the backyard.

"It changed but still the same." Inha whispered to me.

"I bet they would freak out if we knew where everything is." I chuckled.

"Okay, this time lets not wash the dishes."

"Im saved from that. Im no longer a girlfriend after all." I shrugged.

"But youre no stranger and you'll eat in this house so youre not excused."

"Pfft, you just want someone to help you."

"Youre correct sir."

Chan turned his head to us since we were behind.

"Go ahead, ill be with jisung or changbin." I pushed her and she gave an apologetic smile.

I stared at the pool, a juice in my hand. Everyone was busy preparing food while i was zoning out.

"Hyung, we ran out of bread!" Jeongin yelled, snapping me out of my trance.

"Ill go buy it!" I raised my hand.

"Are you sure noona?" Seungmin asked.

"Yeah, i have nothing to do anyways."

Seungmin showed me what kind of bread is needed.

"Minho, go with her youre not doing anything." Chan waved his spatula.

"Its fine, i can handle it."

"Its okay." He stood up and fished his phone out.

Jisung gave me a big smile, inha was inside the kitchen,she would freak out if she knew.
We were silently walking, there was a bakery two corners from here.

Minho was wearing his earphones so i didnt bother talking to him. I scan the place looking for the bread seungmin wanted. I buy a few cupcakes with the loaf. Minho was already outside, wow i never thought he could be this cold.

Once he sees me we made our way back. I stare at his back, i stopped walking.

"I guess ill just have to stop trying." I fight my tears and started walking again.

I tried, i took a risk. You should be proud of me grandma...

I handed seungmin all the stuff i bought, they were ecstatic with the cupcakes. After having a few bites they all went back to cooking and preparing food.

I took a seat by the pool and stared at the water again. Aigoo its gonna be a long day...

"Whats with the long face?" Woojin was standing next to me.

"Its genetic."

"Youre not a horse though."

"Let me laugh on that." I gave him a small smile.

"do you want some?" He handed me a plate.

"I didnt know there was brownies."

"Yeah, minho forgot to take it out when you two arrived."

"Oh." It has to be brownies.

"Arent you having some?"

"Nah, i shouldnt. He probably didnt want me to have any." I mumbled.