(12) Hope Not

Jung Sowon

Once we were home, i ran to my room and covered my body with my blanket.

I was crying my heart out, this is what i was afraid of getting my heart ripped out again. I cant believe ive put myself into this again. How can i be so careless.

What did you think sowon? That you two will be together again? That he'll fall in love with you? Thats just false hope.

I hear inha knock on my door. I stopped my crying and composed myself.

"Hey wanna go for a round?" She was holding 3 bottles of soju.

"Sure." I wiped my tears and sat on the floor.

"Wait here ill get some cups."

"No need i could drink it straight from the bottle." I open up a bottle.

"Well, ill get some snacks and another bottle. Looks like you need more."

I started to gulp down the soju.

"Oooh, i havent had these for a long time."

Inha was back with two more bottles and a bag of chips and cookies.

"This is all i have."

"Why'd you have soju?"

"Its for celebratory purpose."

"Like?"

"When you came home."

"You never asked me to drink with you inha."

"Oh and for aini when she announced her relationship." She opened the bag of chips.

"Uh-huh, im not drunk yet inha. Come on tell me why theres 5 bottles of soju and 3 cans of beer in your fridge. I saw it the moment i came here."

"Well, before you came here..." she sighs. "Before i was with chan again, i used to drink when i cant sleep or when i feel down."

"So these are all left overs?" She nodded. "Its a good thing you stopped drinking."

"Yeah, it was unhealthy." She took a sip on her soju. "Now why didnt you tell me you had ulcer."

"If you had drinking problems i had diet problems." I chuckled.

"Im listening."

"It was the time i got an internship, i was too lonely that time. You werent there minho wasnt there, i had no one to talk to or to eat with. I skipped a lot of meals, i basically ate once a day. Thats when i meet aini, i was in excruciating pain in the bathroom and she was also an intern, she took me to the clinic then the days went on." I grabbed a few chips and munched on them.

"You had them more than twice didnt you?" Inha stopped me.

"I did, when i was working at malaysia again. I drowned myself in work and just slept whenever i get home so it came back."

"And why didnt you tell me?"

"You'll just get worried, who knows what you'd do if i told you? You could have dragged me back here if i told you."

"I wouldve wanted to but im still practical."

"Hey im sorry." I put my drink down.

"Its okay, just stop skipping meals."

"No, im sorry i wasnt here for you."

"I wasnt either. I bet you thought i was fine and you didnt want to bother me with being heart broken and i thought the same to you. It was our fault not telling the truth, so we suffered on our own."