(13) Hericane

Jung Sowon

Im glad im finally done with my research paper, i can finally rest now.

I wonder how long lee know will stay with me? Its been a month now and a new month is starting. I look at the glass ball lying on my bed side table.

I remember the scarf grandma made me, it was still inside my bag. I wore it to my neck, its really colorful, and it even smells like her. I lie down on my bed again, what should i do? Lee know is busy he went to his friends house for a birthday party.

I went for a stroll on the block, i wore the scarf since its really suitable for the cold weather. I stumble on the convenience store.

"I wonder if that ahjumma is around." I wandered my eyes in the streets but there were no signs of her. I entered the convenience store, what should i get? I know Ice cream! I clearly deserve it for finishing my paper. I was holding the ice cream in my hand but my phone vibrated so i put it back for a while.

Mom
Sowon, you need to come home.
Grandma is gone.

I felt my world stopped and i couldnt feel anything but the cold chills from the fridge that was in front of me. I thought i didnt read it right so i looked at it again. I received another one.

Sunhee
We need you here, grandma is gone now sowon.

I didnt need another confirmation. I ran back home. I was having cold sweats, i feel like i couldnt breathe. My vision was all blurry from the water that was forming in my eyes.

The next thing i knew i was tossing everything around me. Breaking plates and ripping off the curtains. I was screaming and crying my lungs out, I overthrew the table. My scarf fell from all the commotion i did. I stared at the scarf that was lying on the cold floor surrounded by broken glass, fabrics and shattered plates.

"Why did you have to leave me?" I clenched my fist. "You know that i hate it when you leave me without saying goodbye. Why did you leave me with all this regrets." I kneeled on the floor and hugged the scarf.

"I dont know how to live knowing i wont ever see you anymore." I whispered as i let myself fall to the floor.

.....

I woke up when i heard someone knocking on my door. I looked around and realized it wasnt a nightmare, it was all real. I ignored what i recognised as inha's voice.

I turned off my phone and went back to sleep. I ignored the hissing pain i feel from my skin. I definitely had cuts everywhere, and me lying on the mess will only make it worse. I didnt move a muscle and let the noise i heard fade away.

"Sowon! No, no please wake up." I hear lee know's voice.

"Is she okay?" Inha was full of worry.

I felt my body being lifted up but I still ignored everything that was happening to me.

..............

Song Inha

I was shocked to receive a call from sowon's sister so i answered it quickly.

Sunhee: is sowon with you?
Me: no she's at her house why?
Sunhee: can you please check up on her?
Me: did something happen?
Sunhee: grandma just died and we told sowon but she didnt respond.
Me: oh no.
Sunhee: please go to her, were really worried.
Me: okay ill go right away.