(14) Sofa

Jung Sowon

I wake up to the smell of grandma and felt someone beside me.

"Grandma?" I opened my eyes and saw that it was lee know.

"Youre awake." Lee know opens his eyes.

He mustve fell asleep while taking care of me. He sits up and looks at me with sad eyes. He was staring at my whole body so i did the same. There were cuts all over my arms and legs even in my fingers. I touched my forehead and felt a bandage, i hissed in pain when i touched it. It mustve been when i pulled the curtains.

"You need to eat." He gets up and leaves me. I checked my clock and it was 2:47 am. He comes back with a tray of food with him.

"Chan made it, you need to eat it since that couple is really worried about you." He fixes the tray on my lap, he just watches me while i watch my food.

I dont wanna eat.

"Sowon, you need to eat your grandma wouldnt like it if you starve yourself."

"But she isnt here anymore." I accidentally spill everything because of my outburst. He just sighed and grabbed the bowl and plate and started to clean it. I felt bad but i cant really eat right now.

He leaves the room perhaps to get this mess cleaned up. I went to the bathroom to take a look at myself. I sat on the toilet and just started to cry again, i locked the door.

"Sowon? Please get out of there." He knocks.

"Please just leave me."

"You know i cant do that, i promised your grandma ill take care of you."

"You dont have to keep that promise anymore." I continue to sob as i remember her being here in my house.

"You dont have to cry in there, just cry in the bed? I wont stop you i swear. Im really not comfortable you locking up yourself. Sowon?" He knocks again.

"You'll leave me alone once i get out?"

"Yes i will, now please open the door." He said softly. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

He took a quick scan making sure i didnt hurt myself.

"Like i promise i will leave you alone, but only if you promise not to hurt yourself or lock your doors?" He stared right into me and i just nodded. "Ill be on the living room, theres food on your bed if youre hungry." He took one last look at me and left my room.

I lay down on my bed, grandma's scarf was still there. I remember the time i had with her. When i cried because of little things she was there, when i cried when i found that dad had an affair, she always comforted me whenever i cried. She would sit me down on her sofa and lull me to sleep whenever i couldnt stop from crying. She was always there to take care of me since my parents were always at work. She takes me to school, buys me food, helps with my home work and teach me how to cook.

I only realised how important those things were. I regretted going to college leaving her all alone. I regretted not talking to her and telling her every little thing. I cried more like wailed. I put the food on my table and decided to just sleep.

I woke up to my sister's voice.

"Sowonniee, wake up." She smiled.

"Youre here." I didnt need to ask why.

"Of course, i know you dont want to see her like that but you'll regret it even more if you dont." She held my hand.

"I need to prepare my stuff."