□◇Daughter(Jake Gyllenhaal/dad RDJ Fluff)◇□

Imagine: Your dad Robert Downey Jr shows only a little empathy for Jake and he does not like the fact you're dating him.

You push the bell button and wait for someone to open the door. It's Saturday's midday and it's like a tradition to hang out with your dad and your step-mom on every Saturday's midday. But today was different, because you decided to take Jake with you. You've been happily dating for a year, but your father thinks he'll ditch you off soon as you get boring to him. Although it's not true, he loves you with all of your heart, he still doesn't change his mind.
Soon Susan opens the doors and hugs you, all happy and excited, "Y/n, it's so good to see you sweetheart". Then she notices Jake and hugs him too, "Jake, so good to see you too... I couldn't wait to see you again",she mumbles, not letting him go, what makes you and Jake chuckle. "Me neither",he says. "Well, come in, come in",she lets you in and guides you into the living room. "Take as seat, I'll get you some....Coffee?",she asks, while walking away. "Coffee is good",you both answer at the same time. "...okay",she smiles and leaves the room.
"She is very nice",Jake said. "Yeah, she is the sweetest person I've ever met",you smile and put your hand in his hand.
When Susan walks into the kitchen she finds your dad standing there. "Honey...stop with all that hate thing",she says, with a serious expression. "What hate thing?",he acts surprised. "Robert...",she puts the cups away and looks at him with even more serious look, "Don't act like a fool... Jake is a good man",she says. "Not good enough for her",he fights back. "According to you there's no right and perfect man for her. Don't be so overprotective, she's a grown woman, she knows what's right for her",she defends you and Jake. "She is perfect, but sometimes and people like her end up with a broken heart. I don't want her to get hurt",he assures her. "That's what life is all about. We get hurt. You got hurt a lot. I got hurt to... You're not able to protect her from that. Not supporting her won't make you or her happier",she sighs and turns the coffee machine on. "Even if he's a good guy, but his dating life was horrible...",he says as if he was disgusted. "His dating life is none of your business",she says and places cups on the table. "He had so many girlfriends, dated them for few months and left them, like some douche bag",he slightly raises his voice. "You're getting on my last nerves with your idealism. If he left those girls because he wasn't interested in them anymore it doesn't mean that he will do the same to her. She is different. She made him different. She changed him. If you only looked at them, they look so happy. They are happy. They are in love and they are happy. Your daughter is happy and in love... support her, he is the best type of man for her, I sense that with my motherly instincts",she puts her hand on his shoulder and smiles. "I'm sorry honey, I just want her to be happy",he sighs. "So do I, so why don't you let her be happy and accept Jake for god's sake",she groans and hugs Robert. "Yeah... For my daughter... B-but if he hurts her, I swear I'll-" "We will make sure he pays for what he did",she finishes his sentence and takes two of the four cups. "Take these two",she commands. He does as she said, he takes two cups and follows his wife. "By the way, Jake is going to ask her hand... be ready for wedding",she smirks leaving your dad confused. "What?",he says, with no excitement his voice.
You rest your head on Jake's shoulder and continue on talking about your job when you see Susan walking into the room. "We though y-",her eyes widen when she sees her father with other two cups, "Dad, I thought you will never show up when Jake's with me",you ask just as surprised as Jake. "I changed my mind",he quickly answers, places the cups on the coffee table and sits on the sofa in front of you. "What made you change your mind",you laugh. "My dear Susan and my daughter's happiness",he answers. "So there's no hate between you two?",you raise your eyebrow. "What hate?",he acts confused. "But tell me son, do you hold any grudge towards me?",he squints his eyes. "No, no, of course no",Jake answers, slightly anxious. "Good",he leans back and takes his coffee cup. "I'll get some cake to eat with coffee",Susan says but your dad stops her, "It's okay, we're good. Let's talk about something",he suggests. Robert notices how stiff Jake is so he leans towards you two, "Son, there's no need to be so tensed... I don't bite",he assures him. You take Jake's hand and hold it tight...