3: Snape. Severus Snape.

As the meeting concluded, all the teachers stood and began to mingle before heading to their classrooms to set up.

You carefully stood and waited to see if anyone would approach you, or whether you should simply leave.

"Ahem." A deep voice sounded off behind you. Quickly, you turned around to see a tall man of 6'2, with black eyes and long black hair. Your skin turned a quick fuchsia, before you could control it. It took less than a second, however, to go back to normal. "Snape. Severus Snape."

"Esmeralda Tonks." You smiled and extended your hand.

The man, Severus Snape you already knew, looked down at it and looked to be almost sneering.

"Don't worry, I don't have anything contagious. I'm just a--"

"Metamorphmagus. Yes. I noted that." He cut you off, causing you to frown. It was so very rude.

Slowly, you began to lower your hand, sensing that your hospitality was not welcome.

Severus's eyes flashed down and quickly, he lifted your hand from its position.

"I teach potions. A pleasure to meet you." His eyes looked just a touch less severe.

"A mutual pleasure." Your smile returned. "And yes, I am a metamorphmagus. I thought I might have been able to hide it for a touch, but I suppose you are too keen, sir."

"Sir?" He raised an eyebrow.

"How should I address you? I am more inclined to address you as my professor!" You laughed, noting that you had actually missed out on being taught by Severus. The year you needed potions, there had been a second teacher, to take Severus' place while he went on a sabbatical.

"I never had you as one of my students." He looked confused. I certainly would have remembered.

"Correct, but I was a student while you were a teacher." You continued to insist.

"Very well." He noted that neither him nor you had retracted your hands as of yet and so he quickly set your hand down.

"It was a pleasure." You said again, as you turned to see if anyone else would like to speak with you. Quickly, you were face-to-face with a familiar face.

"Oh, Esmeralda! How surprised I was to see you as the new ghoul studies professor! Still bashing people with brooms instead of riding them?" Rolanda Hooch gave a vivacious smile.

"One time, Madame Hooch! Once, I hit a good-for-nothing boy over the head for coming on too strong!" You laughed with the older woman.

"Oh please, call me Rolanda! You've surely done well enough to be able to join our ranks. But why ghoul studies? Defense against the Dark Arts too cursed of a position for you?" She slapped your back as she noticed who was still behind it. "Ah, Severus, still lingering about? You're usually the first to leave."

"I had to ensure that I was not being told a tale and that young Professor Tonks was indeed a student here, even though I never taught her." His arms were crossed as he tried to come across as aloof.

"And thank goodness for that! You dodged a whomping willow on that front, darling. You did. I hear Severus is a right mean and strict professor." Rolanda gently ribbed the dark man. "Anyway, let me show you to your temporary classroom."

"Temporary?" You asked.