81: All Is Forgiven With Three Words

The long-anticipated moment had finally come, and you couldn't have been happier to hear the knock on your door. As you finished saying good-bye to Rolanda and Sybill, you felt your nerves slowly creeping back and you struggled to stand up. There was something else that etched its way to your mind, causing you to wonder if going as a couple was a good idea. You had never publicly displayed any sign of your affection to one another in front of students, besides the last dance lesson, and this Ball was as public as it would get. What would everyone think? Would the students gossip? You shook your head, trying to rid yourself of such thoughts and made your way to the door.

"Esmeralda," Severus ogled you as he took in the stunning sight before him. He'd always thought you were rather attractive, though that feeling greatly increased a few months ago, but tonight, tonight you looked so dazzling, he found no word in the entire English language worthy enough to describe you.

You giggled at his expression, forgetting briefly how crucial this moment was, "How do I look?" you said softly as you examined him. You had never seen Severus look as handsome as he did now. His dress robes were nice and simple and black. His ascot was as black as the rest of his attire and you wondered how much he had to spend on it as it appeared newer than his sharp dress robes. All in all, he looked perfect to you and you were ecstatic that he was your date.

"You look," he started, looking you up and down, "stunning," he ended as he pulled you in by your waist. "And I love you. I will let her go. Give me some leeway and you shall see that you are the only woman for me."

Suddenly, he felt your hand move into his hair as you crashed your lips into his. He gripped your waist tightly to keep you in place as you sighed into his mouth. Your reaction only pushed him on, wanting push further as he quickly deepened the kiss by tilting your head back while you slowly slid your hand from his hair to his chest.  He pushed you into your room and kicked the door shut. You felt his tongue swiping your bottom lip, asking for permission to which you quickly responded to by gliding your own tongue past your lips. You knew he wanted to take control, but you weren't going to give up so easily. Your tongues began to battle each other for dominance, occasionally slipping past one another. It felt as though your lips were glued together for hours, but eventually, you needed to part for air.

"I love you," you whispered between soft chuckles, "You won't be able to rid yourself of me easily."

"I would never wish to," he whispered back before colliding your lips again, resuming the battle your tongues fought.