118: Goodbye Albus, Hello Dolores

"You would really take on two Aurors, Dolores, and myself, Dumbledore?" Cornelius inquired.

"Naturally. All of you did rather well on your spellwork at this school, but if you attempt to take me in by force, I'm afraid I shall have to hurt you." There was no fear in the headmaster's eyes, but the same could not be said for you. And there was nothing you could do about it. Should you decide to help him, you would immediately be marked a traitor. In one motion that seemed to slow time indefinitely, all of the adults in the room drew their wands and you shoved Harry down for protection. Not to be outdone, however, Dumbledore is by far the fastest. There is an instant of blinding light as spells blasted in all directions. A spell struck Dumbledore's desk with a crack, and exploded, filling the room with dust. There was a shout and some scuttering around and another bang. As the dust cleared, the headmaster seemingly hadn't moved while Cornelius Fudge, the Auror, Dolores, Kingsley, and Percy are all laying on the floor, unconscious. Dumbledore's desk was broken in half, and all of the tables overturned. He moved swiftly to Minerva, Harry, and Marietta. "Are you all right?" He asked quietly.

Minerva was standing, dusting herself off. "Yes, were fine... Oh, where will you go, Albus?"

"I'm not going into hiding. Fudge will soon regret removing me from Hogwarts." He shook his head.

"I'm so sorry, Professor!" Harry looked genuinely upset, yet Dumbledore simply smiled at him.

"It's fine. Now listen to me, Harry. Keep studying Occlumency! Do everything Professor Snape and Tonks tell you." He gripped Harry's shoulder. "You've got to close your mind! You will understand, in time." Those on the floor begin to stir. "Everyone, lay down. They must not think we have had time to talk." Everyone followed directions just as Cornelius opened his eyes. Dumbledore grabbed onto Fawkes' tail, and the two are gone in a flash of fire.

"Find him!" Cornelius demanded as Dolores, Percy, Kingsley, the Auror apparently named Hawkes, and Fudge raced from the office.

Minerva ushered Harry and Marietta out of the office and you booked it as fast as possible to your husband.

The next day, there was a school assembly during breakfast. Dolores stood up from the staff table, holding a parchment.

"By Order of the Ministry of Magic: Dolores Jane Umbridge will replace Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." She looked over the school smugly. "My first act as your new Headmistress is to form an Inquisitional Squad, led by Draco Malfoy. They will report directly to me about the goings on in the halls of this school." You and Severus clapped for her, earning a smile from the witch. "Furthermore, our good caretaker, Mr. Filch has requested we reinstate the 'old punishments.' I have decided that there is no reason we shouldn't."

And with that, a sad presence began looming over Hogwarts.