39: Protection

"So can I go back to my quarters now that they're gone?" You inquired.

"No." Severus was looking anywhere but your face. "You can stay here until this is resolved."

"I'm not going to be petrified." You scowled at him.

"You can't guarantee that, ergo you will be residing here for the evening and night if need be." He looked over at you and noticed that you were shivering from the atmosphere. Severus tossed half of his cape over you and you moved closer to him. "I have a question pertaining to your abilities."

"Have at it." You leaned into him, savoring the unexpected warmth.

"When you morph into an animal, say a unicorn, does your body then possess the same attributes that would come from a specimen? If it were detached from your body."

"What?" You looked at Severus confused.

"Can I use you for potion ingredients?" He narrowed his question down to the root of it.

"Ha!" You laughed. "I've never thought of it. Here," You turned your hair into his suggestion of a unicorn. You now had shimmering iridescent hair. Next, you plucked out a few hairs and handed them to the potions master. "try them."

As your hair returned to normal, the hairs in his hands did not.

"Amazing. It seems that you change composition entirely. If you don't change back, the items removed retain their properties. This is absolutely astounding, you know... if other potion masters knew--"

"They'd kidnap metamorphmagi and force them to do their bidding." You cut him off.  "The evil ones, that is."

Severus let out a breath and regained his composure. "Then I suppose it will have to be our little secret."

"Make a potion from them!" You laid a hand on his thigh, causing a shiver to rise up his body. He had to fight off any physical reaction.

"Very well, I believe I have one in mind..." He unclasped his cape and left it only on your body. He was more slender than you thought. It must have been the thick cape... "This is one that I've been tempted to try. It's only a temporary version, but still.."

You stood up and walked towards him, wanting to be close by.

"I could go back to my quarters and see the results tomorrow?" You yawned, but quickly were awakened when he slammed down a vial, shattering it.

"I said no. Professor Tonks, why are you resisting my protections?" He looked down sharply at you.

"Ooo, see I thought hearing you say my first name would be like a professor scolding his student, but now it is only hearing you call me by that name that sends shivers down my spine." You looked up at him with big eyes. Bigger than they should have been. You'd morphed actual puppy-dog eyes.