53: Tea Time Plans

The rest of the year things were a bit rocky. You and Severus weren't ignoring each other, per say, but you certainly weren't as close as you had been in the very beginning. And with all the hubbub of Sirius Black and Dementors and what have you, neither of you had much time to spend with each other. That is, except for daily tea breaks.

"He's in the castle, Esmeralda. I know it." Severus sat seriously, looking at you. "Remus has helped him in, I'm sure of it."

"You and I both know Sirius didn't belong in Azkaban anyway." You rolled his eyes. "So what do you care?"

"For thirteen counts of murder with the Blasting Curse, and service to Lord Voldemort, no. But for giving the information about the Potters' whereabouts which lead to their death... I'm not quite sure about that one."

"Bloody hell, Severus, he was their best friends."

"One of their best friends betrayed them. The question is who. Evidence pointed to Sirius. You're much to young to know." Severus sipped his earl gray tea.

"Okay, fine." You admitted. "But the majority of us are in no danger. You know exactly who he wants to see."

"The boy. Mm. Yes." His eyes drifted off. "I've been keep a particularly close eye on him. It seems trouble follows him wherever he goes." This made you giggle. "Yes?"

"My sister has the same problem. It seems that just last week she was sent on what was supposed to be a simple raid, and ended up stumbling into an entire conspiracy!"

"Nymphadora... The name makes me shudder when I think of it, you know. She was--"

"Trouble. And trouble begets trouble as my father used to say. Yet, even though I am no trouble at all, it still seems to find me. Have an opinion on that, do you?" You finished the last of your cup, signalling your time was almost up before the next class.

"You are more trouble than you believe. Meet me down by the whomping willow tonight. I have some suspicions I'd like to confirm and--"

"You'd rather I not crash the party!" You laughed. "One time, Severus, once! And you never let me forget it." A ghost of a smile crossed his face, but he did hold a lot of anxiety for the night. Reports of howling, dog and wolf, had been reported even more as of late. The troublesome trio was constantly off on some unimaginable mission. Even Dumbledore had picked up on the unrest. It was at his command that Severus follow the boy each night now. Not to be seen unless absolutely necessary... perhaps it was a bad idea to bring you.

"Can you transform fully into creatures?" He asked.

"Yes, although I can't maintain it long if the creature is very small or very large. I get stretched thin and squished. I could be a giant duck or a small elephant easily." You laughed at yourself.

"How about a snake?" He inquired. "A large one."

"Easily."